Installing wire kit

Fikoooooo

hello i connected the red wire directly to my obd. so not on fuse. I did connect the yellow cable to the fuse box. but when I start my car in the morning, it indicates low battery. is this because of the red wire because it is directly connected to obd and not fuse box ??
I have a129 duo pro

xiongguoy

highly probable, the obd wire that you connect the red wire to may be the wire the system uses to monitor battery voltage. With the load of the camera, the system may detect a lower than actual voltage or higher than expected drain and throw an error code/warning light.

Fikoooooo

I understand. what is the best solution for this? do I still have to connect to the fuse box? And thanks for your answer

xiongguoy

Best to tap from fuse box, because there is a fuse protecting whatever you are tapping.
Choose something non-critical and obvious, like maybe the dome light or interior lighting.
So if something goes wrong worst case is your camera and dome/interior lighting not working.
It also makes it easier to diagnose:
if camera is not working but dome lights are, means problem is after the tap.
if both not working maybe it's the fuse or tap and not the camera.
If tapping from obd, that power source maybe coming from a board, if something goes wrong you may fry that board as well.