Is it possible to enter parking mode while using protable powerbank?

Nakizg

Hello, I just brought a Viofo A139 last week.
Everything works fine except the parking mode.
My vehicle is a leased vehicle. It is not allowed to have any hardware modification so using a hardwire kit is not viable for me.
After so searching in the forum I found that I may be able to use parking mode while using a portable power bank to power A139.

After some try and error, I realize that A139 will keep entering normal recording mode when using a portable power bank as a power source.

My question is, is there a way to enter parking mode when using a portable power bank as a power source?

The A139 is a newly purchased cam the firmware version is 1.5.
If I can get some instructions on how to enter parking mode using a portable power bank as a power source, it will be much appreciated

Thank you.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

Yes, A139 supports using the provided car charger to connect a power pack to enter parking mode. It will enter parking mode when there is no motion detected in 5 mins.

Nakizg

Hello,

Yes, A139 supports using the provided car charger to connect a power pack to enter parking mode. It will enter parking mode when there is no motion detected in 5 mins.
Hello,

Thank you for the response.

After a few days of testing, I found out that my A139 won't enter the parking mode after 5 minutes of not moving. As Screenshot_20211214-165644.jpg shows, even with the camera set to low fps recording after one night of parking there is still no video file in the parking folder.

I also attached my A139 settings in the post.

The A139 was on portable power bank power. It lasted about 8 hours overnight without entering parking mode, all the video files are in the recording folder.

May I ask if this is normal? If it won't enter parking mode after not moving for 5 minutes, could that be my A139 is a defective product?

Thank you for the answer.

Attachments

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,
Can you please confirm is there an adapter that came with the power pack? The car charger needs to be connected to the adapter as the picture shows.

Or you can watch this below video for a reference:

Nakizg

Hello,
Can you please confirm is there an adapter that came with the power pack? The car charger needs to be connected to the adapter as the picture shows.
View attachment 1295

Or you can watch this below video for a reference:
Hello,

My power back is connected via usb port. so that I don't have an adapter.
Do I have to use specific type of power bank to enable parking mode?

Thank you

Attachments

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Yes. If you want parking mode, the provided car charger should be connected with the adapter that comes with the power bank. We would recommend purchasing the power bank from BlackBoxMyCar.

Tenbroso

So it looks like many are having the same issue, including me. I use a OBD2 cable from Remaster. But no parking mode possible. Must be a firmware bug. I doubt there are so many faulty cams out there. And my cane is working just fine and is great for the rest.