Is it possible to use the action cam as an external monitoring cam? For in the garden?

Cindy

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible to use the action cam as an external monitoring cam? For in the garden? And watch or even record the images/movies over Wi-Fi on smartphone or computer?

grace viofo

Is it possible to use the action cam as an external monitoring cam? For in the garden? And watch or even record the images/movies over Wi-Fi on smartphone or computer?
You can use it as monitoring cam, but as it designed as action cam, the function is very limited when use as monitoring cam. The battery needs continuous power if you want long time recording. The WiFi distance is 5-8m, so it can't support long distance live view.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistair Parsons

You can use the Git2 as such, basically as an IPCam, I have used to watch a bird table and then viewed the live feed on my TV. you can set the Git2 to connect to a router, you can use a battery power pack for extra power, and also the Git2 has increaed rtsp stream resolution, I normally then use tinycam android app to view the footage, which can then be sent to chromecast/android wear smartwatch,, althoughg ive also used vlc on an android. TV box. You can use a wireless access point thats far nearer the camera, perhaps an outdoor one. I wouldnt recomend watching the recorded HD videos over the wifi. the rtsp feed is really for previewing only.

Alistair Parsons

Also if you connect camera to an android phone with OTG to use as webcam, you can then connect phone to wifi and use app ipwebcam to stream UVC camera video, you might need a Y cable or have very short phone battery life