Is there a functional test for a faulty 3-wire hardwire kit?

jeff000

I've got the A129 Duo powered with the 3-wire hardwire kit. Fuse taps used. Today was the second time I went to start the vehicle and the battery was drained. Both times, the camera was left on with 'Parking mode' selected.

When I got in the vehicle, the camera light was on, signifying it was still operational. However, the battery was drained enough that the vehicle would not start. No interior lights or even a click from the starter.

I have a multimeter and can use one. Just don't know where to test the harness since it exits in one insulated bundle. I do have extra USB cables that I could hack into an adapter if I had the pinout.

Is there a test I can easily do to test the proper operation of the hardwire kit?

Marlinpruett

I have 12+volts on both wires Red and Yellow but camera will not come on? If I connect direct to the cigerette lighter plugin and use USB cord it operates as designed.

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

I have 12+volts on both wires Red and Yellow but camera will not come on? If I connect direct to reciter light and USB it operates as designed.
Are you starting the car or just turning it to accessory?
Is the red led light inside the 3-wire kit converter box on?