Is this the error or malfunction?

PowerDriver

I'm using the firmware(ver 1.2) and I'm not sure it's the error of the firmware or the malfunction of device.

A129 seems like to work properly but nothing recorded after a while I turn on a129. (I don't know the exact time.)

As I connect to a129 through WIFI, I can't see anything or turning on/off, changing the setting.

I have to turn off the device by plugging off the power cable for solving the issue.

After rebooting the device, it looks like working normal but the same issue occurs again in few hours.

What should I do? Is it the firmware problem? or the out of order of my a129?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Most of such issue is caused by memory card. May I know what kind of memory card do you use?
We suggest you use Transcend memory card.
Also VIOFO just released 32GB and 64GB MLC card, you can buy from our site soon.

Johnbw

I am a new user of the 129 duo dashcam. I am using Apple iPhone and iPads using iOS 10,11, and 12. I connect the camera to wifi before I launch the app. Why does the app not find the camera is already connected. Instead it sends you into settings. Ideally if it was A SMART system it would recognise that the app was connected. Yi have just changed from a single transcend camera to your duo system. So I need to know how I can get your system to work half as good as the app that I use for transcend Last two years

Johnbw

I am adding to the previous comment I have just use my android tablet to connect Wi-Fi to your camera this is powered on otherwise it couldn't connect to the camera and cannot find the camera when I did search On the app you may have a if you with your software Unless you can tell me why I can do the Wi-Fi connection but the camera doesn't respond when I'm looking for using the app

gapi

I run two different A129 Duos setups and they both work with WiFi on Android great.

I can only speak on Android.

I read you are connecting before the apk. The apk needs to do the hand shake. Do not connect the cam to wifi without the apk.
Make sure you have the latest FW.

With cam off:
Uninstall the apk and reinstall it, because of the previous issue I suggest it.
In the android device with the cam off go into WiFi and forget or purge any Viofo networks or listings. Leave "phone" WiFi on.

For first time connect only, Open the Viofo apk and let it sit there. Do not choose to connect.
Go to the phone, choose Viofo instance, long press, choose modify, put in the pass key 12345678 and acknowledge.

Go to the apk and choose connect. If all is going well you should get get a fast blink, just wait a moment, Android will pop up a message telling you it is not an internet connection, do you still want to connect, choose yes, enjoy.

Initially I had issues because I was not aware to wait for android to warn me about it not being an internet connection. I was moving on before it came up.
And I check the remember setting box but it never does.

Good luck.