Loop recording problem, A129 Pro Duo

RelakS

I have an interesting problem. I have set the loop recording, but since the card is now full, the camera free up only so much space that 2-3 videos can be recorded. After that, it will erase the latest video in the current session instead of the oldest video in the folder.
Is it normal?
Can the problem be that I use an 512GB card in it? (Samsung) It was fine until it was not full. I will try the camera with a smaller card, but I would expect that the camera should delete the oldest file from all, which is not marked as read only.

benkar

I have an interesting problem. I have set the loop recording, but since the card is now full, the camera free up only so much space that 2-3 videos can be recorded. After that, it will erase the latest video in the current session instead of the oldest video in the folder.
Is it normal?
Can the problem be that I use an 512GB card in it? (Samsung) It was fine until it was not full. I will try the camera with a smaller card, but I would expect that the camera should delete the oldest file from all, which is not marked as read only.
Oddly, it works at all. The manufacturer support max. to 256 GB

RelakS

Yes, these devices are strange. I have a SJCAM M10, which supports 64GB sdcards. It worked pretty fine with a 256GB card until it had to start to delete videos. That was too much for the camera, but it was not a problem to record videos :)
Currently I put a 256GB to the Viofo, I formatted in the camera, so I will see if it will work the same.

RelakS

Preformatted to exFAT in a computer.
Don't ask, how the camera were handle it at all, as the manual clearly says FAT32, and it formats to FAT32.
I just put it in to give it a try, and it worked.
If the loop will work as expected with the 256GB card, I will try the 512GB again, but I will format it in the camera.
I will share my experiences in this topic.

RelakS

It looks like that the problem is solved. The camera simply allergic to the exFAT file system. With FAT32 (formatted in the camera) even the 512GB card works well.

Capture Your Action

No allergic, just not really supported. Most dash cameras only support Fat32. Viofo says they are working on the firmware to support exFat.