Loop recording skipping and missing videos

creizlein

I have the loop recording set to 10min, and record in 1080p only, so I get around 1.5Gb chunk files, but 1 out of 3 files always get truncated and lost video recording.

ie, start recording at 13.00
chunk 1 gets 1.5gb and ends at 13.10
chunk 2 gets only 0.5gb and ends at 13.15 (instead of 13.20
chink 3 gets 1.5gb again but starts at 13.20 up to 13.30

Clearly you can see there that i lost 5mins of video on chunk 2,
this is totally random and happens more than 10 times during a 2hour drive, it might lose 3 mins, 7 mins or 4 mins out of the 10min loop, totally random

whats going on there?

I am using a 256GB SD card, and this happens to both Rear and Front recordings.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

Do you power the dashcam through the GPS mount or through the USB port on the camera body side? Did you use the original cables?

What brand of card do you use? Is it a high endurance card? You can find the card information on its surface. We always recommend the SD cards of Samsung, VIOFO high endurance series.

Did you format the card before using it? Could you please format the card to have a try? The following is the formatting instruction:

1. Download the guiformat2 from the link: https://support.viofo.com/a/solutions/articles/19000046583

2. Use the original USB cable or a card reader to connect the camera with the computer, you can see the file name DCIM, then save the important files first.

3. Open the guiformat2 and choose start

Tips: Please don't select the quick format when you use the guiformat2.

creizlein

I do power the camera using the USB port, and I am using the original HK3 ACC Hardwire Kit
I am using a Lexar 256Gb SD card, the blue high performance ones. and yes, it is High endurance.
I also formatted the card now using the camera itself, but i believe it was already formatted by the camera.

I will perform that full format and test, but to be honest i have experienced this same issue using several (at least 4) different SD cards so i doubt that is the problem....

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
We suggest formatting the card before using it, especially if the card was used in the other device before. So please try to format the card deeply.

Capture Your Action

I do power the camera using the USB port, and I am using the original HK3 ACC Hardwire Kit
I am using a Lexar 256Gb SD card, the blue high performance ones. and yes, it is High endurance.
I also formatted the card now using the camera itself, but i believe it was already formatted by the camera.

I will perform that full format and test, but to be honest i have experienced this same issue using several (at least 4) different SD cards so i doubt that is the problem....
Lexar cards made since the Lexar brand was purchased a few years back have been unreliable for dash camera use. I would try another card. The SanDisk High Endurance cards work well with the Viofo.