Menu Button won't allow Settings access

NewbieOC

Newbie here.... set up camera fine but now Im trying to get back in to Settings to tweak things and cant get in. I read that Recording mode needs to be off... ok. Did that and nothing happens. If I press n hold, the unit shuts off. I feel like an idiot. What am I doing wrong? I can see the camera shot fine, wi- fi & time symbols, etc. but pressing the 3 line Menu button does zero.

benkar

Newbie here.... set up camera fine but now Im trying to get back in to Settings to tweak things and cant get in. I read that Recording mode needs to be off... ok. Did that and nothing happens. If I press n hold, the unit shuts off. I feel like an idiot. What am I doing wrong? I can see the camera shot fine, wi- fi & time symbols, etc. but pressing the 3 line Menu button does zero.
Press the second button (REC). The camera stops recording. Then press the first button (3 bars) and you are in the menu.

NewbieOC

Press the second button (REC). The camera stops recording. Then press the first button (3 bars) and you are in the menu.
Ya.. tried that but it doesn't work...… another response said WIFI must be off. Will try that. Thanks!

NewbieOC

Good reminder :)
So now that I have it set up and installed, Id love to get back in the menu again on the device but still cant. I tried turning WIFI off and REC mode is also off when unit is plugged into power. Nothing happens when I press the button with 3 lines (aka the hamburger) If I do a long hold, it powers down. Any suggestions? Should I just do a full reset and would that get me back to step 1 for full Menu access? Seems like there were more options in the menu on the device versus what is in the app. Am I wrong or is it identical ?

benkar

So now that I have it set up and installed, Id love to get back in the menu again on the device but still cant. I tried turning WIFI off and REC mode is also off when unit is plugged into power. Nothing happens when I press the button with 3 lines (aka the hamburger) If I do a long hold, it powers down. Any suggestions? Should I just do a full reset and would that get me back to step 1 for full Menu access? Seems like there were more options in the menu on the device versus what is in the app. Am I wrong or is it identical ?
Try a full reset, nothing will go wrong, but you will have to set up everything (a few minutes). Is the camera display OK? I had a faulty motherboard over time, it was replaced under warranty. That's why I'm asking about the display. Only my logo was shown on my camera and nothing else. Then try formatting the card (if you then enter the menu). I hope it won't be your case.

Capture Your Action

When the camera is on, but not recording, how many lights are on under the buttons? 1, 2 or 3?
Have you tried accessing the menu without a memory card installed?

NewbieOC

Try a full reset, nothing will go wrong, but you will have to set up everything (a few minutes). Is the camera display OK? I had a faulty motherboard over time, it was replaced under warranty. That's why I'm asking about the display. Only my logo was shown on my camera and nothing else. Then try formatting the card (if you then enter the menu). I hope it won't be your case.
Thanks! The display is fine.... Everything pops up and the rest of the buttons work. Just getting to the menu is the challenge. I will try the reset. Question..... What is the best time frame for loop recording? 1,2,3,5, or 10 min?

benkar

Thanks! The display is fine.... Everything pops up and the rest of the buttons work. Just getting to the menu is the challenge. I will try the reset. Question..... What is the best time frame for loop recording? 1,2,3,5, or 10 min?
I thnik it doesn't matter. I'm set to 2 minutes.

NewbieOC

Hi- Do you know if there is a way to lesson the lens reflection? you can see the curve at the bottom in the picture.

Attachments