Microphone adapter for the Git 2

Clumster

Okay everyone, I have looked through all the threads on here, and there seems to be no consensus of what works and what doesn't. Some people have reported that the Go Pro mic adapter doesn't work at all. I'm not going to go out and buy a 30 dollar adapter for it not to work.

So, what has worked for you guys? Adapters, not mics. If you could tell us the pinouts of the working adapters, then it would make it a whole lot easier. If you do know the pin outs of the usb connector of a working mic, then that would also be helpful.

I have seen that the Go Pro adapters have a 10 pin connector, which is extremely hard to find as a part, and then it has a 100 - 330k ohm resistor on pins 6 and 7 I think. But this apparently doesn't work with the Git 2.

I just got this budget adapter from Ebay. It didn't work. So I ripped it apart and found it only had 5 pins and no resistor.

The cable that comes with the Git 2 to connect to the computer also seems to have 5 pins, but I could be wrong.

If there is a Git rep on here who has the schematics of the port and knows if an adapter needs a resistor on any of the pins, then we would all waste a lot less money trying to figure it out.

Thanks people.

Motopilota

I despise the idea of cobbling together a mic set-up (bulk and extra connections). I Vlog from a motorcycle and wanted a short mic to put inside my helmet. I purchased this unit off Ebay (there are other competing mics that are probably the exact same thing):

The protective cap easily unscrews from the transducer end, so I de-soldered the connection, made the total cable about 9" long (from 3') and re-soldered. Seems to work fine.

Clumster

Do you know what pins are which on the mic? Or what the resistance is? I do too. But sometimes it's the only way to go.

Clumster

That can't be right. I just got a genuine Hero 3 Mic adapter and although it is working in stereo, the channels are reversed when recording with the Git2. Right is left and left is right. They must be different, surely Go Pro wouldn't have made that mistake after several cameras and their own adapter. It's not a problem for me, since I can easily flip them. But to anyone that is making their own adapters be aware of that. It still works fine for recording if you don't care about which is which.

Although I am sure that you guys at Git could easily fix that one in the next firmware update. I would also be nice to get a higher bit rate for the audio, that would be a wonderful setting to add if it was possible.

Thanks for the help people.

Moto_Jojo

gitup, thank you posting the pinout. However, I am not very electrically inclined. In order to get some usb adapters to work, we have to find ones that match this pinout? Can someone explain this a bit more?