Missing files

redrider

I just noticed I'm having the same issue only it seems a lot more often and for longer duration. I'll get a few minutes of recording hours without then a few minutes. I did not notice this with the Thinkware 32 GB dash cam card that came with the dash cam but with the Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB which was supposed to be a top rated card. I will switch to the Thinkware and see if that resolves the issue.

Esw2005

I switched to a 64g scandisk 4k and the camera appears to be working flawlessly now as long as I check the cigarette power adapter once a week. Overtime the supplied adapter seems to work it's way out

redrider

I just noticed I'm having the same issue only it seems a lot more often and for longer duration. I'll get a few minutes of recording hours without then a few minutes. I did not notice this with the Thinkware 32 GB dash cam card that came with the dash cam but with the Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB which was supposed to be a top rated card. I will switch to the Thinkware and see if that resolves the issue.
I don't drive often so my response is delayed. Today I drove with the Thinkware 32 GB card and it recorded fine. Only problem at 400MB/minute it only holds an hour of recordings. I will run the Samsung through the test and see what happens but based on others reporting the Samsung with the same issue I think it's a problem with the card.

redrider

Reformatting the Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB card in the camera seems to have resolved the issue for me.
Only for a time...I'm experiencing the same issue with both cards intermittently failing to record. I see the power button flashing quickly as though it doesn't see the card in the slot. If I power cycle the camera it works for a time then quits and starts flashing again. Time for an RMA.

sanglt

Only for a time...I'm experiencing the same issue with both cards intermittently failing to record. I see the power button flashing quickly as though it doesn't see the card in the slot. If I power cycle the camera it works for a time then quits and starts flashing again. Time for an RMA.
It's also happen to me. After reformat and the card getting full, the missing files is going to happen. I'm on v1.3 and use viofo hardwiring kit

Esw2005

I switched to a 64g scandisk 4k and the camera appears to be working flawlessly now as long as I check the cigarette power adapter once a week. Overtime the supplied adapter seems to work it's way out
Update: I still having the same issues. One camera is worse then the other. I'm done wasting money on different sd cards as my conclusion is VIOFO is ABSOLUTELY JUNK!
It's a damn shame the general public can get the same dashcams law enforcement use.

I have simillar, or maybe same issue. What I'm noticed is that this is happening only when my card is full, and camera should start deleting oldest videos on the card, but actually it's deleting only the oldest videos from the last driving.

redrider

My camera stopped working at all and was returned for replacement. I am grateful the warranty was honored but be aware that if you bought from a well known seller in Canada and you are in the US you can't easily insure the value of the camera due to customs and the return time can be very long as the package meanders its way across the border.

hochiinn

yah, and they dont pay for shipping. when i had the rexing cameras, they would send a new camera with a return shipping label for the old one

rebelhearts

i noticed the same today.
When i was driving something happened along the way so i asked my wife to press on the triangle to move the file to the locked folder ( i assume it was for that so excuse me if i did it wrong )
After coming home i didnt have files in the locked folder, it was still in the normal folder.
And the clip AFTER the incident was not recorded, the rest of the trip was.

Now i can assume i had the same problem, but it might also be that my wife pushed the wrong button.
My card was now full 128 GB so i will try also a format in the a129 pro.
And i have ordered the bluetooth button from viofo so that i can "control" it myself instead of asking my wife to push it ^^