motion detection parking mode not working, camera contentiously recording !...

jojonono

the A129 DUO (dual channel) i have is contentiously recording 24x7 despite having the car parked over night, currently am running the cam through a 20,000 mAh USB powerbank, i tried time-lapse mode and it is working just fine in parking mode, why not motion detection ?!?... i monitored the cam for sometime while parked but the upper left icon is showing a car with a DVR which means its in normal recording mode, before you ask, my car is parked in a garage with just 6 cars and BOTH front and rear cams are facing the non moving objects (wall up front and my second car at the back!) and absolutely nothing in sight that triggers motion since i live in a remote area,

note: there are no led neither in my car nor in the parking garage i just checked that !...

last night the camera managed to fill 100 GB of continuous over night and day time recording data and looking through time stamps its pretty much continuous ! absolutely no movements on the cams, or maybe its just ghosts !...

can someone comment how to get motion detection to work normally when i park the car ?

settings screenshots attached...

thanks,

Attachments

Last edited:

Tharanga

the A129 DUO (dual channel) i have is contentiously recording 24x7 despite having the car parked over night, currently am running the cam through a 20,000 mAh USB powerbank, i tried time-lapse mode and it is working just fine in parking mode, why not motion detection ?!?... i monitored the cam for sometime while parked but the upper left icon is showing a car with a DVR which means its in normal recording mode, before you ask, my car is parked in a garage with just 6 cars and BOTH front and rear cams are facing the non moving objects (wall up front and my second car at the back!) and absolutely nothing in sight that triggers motion since i live in a remote area,

note: there are no led neither in my car nor in the parking garage i just checked that !...

last night the camera managed to fill 100 GB of continuous over night and day time recording data and looking through time stamps its pretty much continuous ! absolutely no movements on the cams, or maybe its just ghosts !...

can someone comment how to get motion detection to work normally when i park the car ?

thanks,
If you park in a busy place there may be a possibility it records continuously

Andy

Motion detection can only be so insensitive before it is useless, though I agree that an option to disable motion detection and only rely on g-shock would be a reasonable addition for those of us who park in communal parking lots.

Alshamal

Motion detection can only be so insensitive before it is useless, though I agree that an option to disable motion detection and only rely on g-shock would be a reasonable addition for those of us who park in communal parking lots.
Any news Viofo on this issue in parking mode February now still waiting!!!!

dengerous

Any news Viofo on this issue in parking mode February now still waiting!!!!
I was able to fix my issue by rehardwiring my acc cable to an actual acc fuse. Before I had it both wires hardwired to constant fuses which is why my camera was always on. Not sure if that helps but it was able to get my dash cam into parking mode and record 45 seconds when motion is detected instead of continuous recording.

Alshamal

Mine goes into parking mode ok but it's just recording dozens and dozens of nothing! And going through them till you find that was a bigger leaf than the last one is not what i to do!
But thanks for that any way !
Cheers

wordsmith

A new A129 Duo owner, I got it installed by a 'professional' with hardwiring done. The cutoff voltage set to 12.2V in a fairly new car.

Just like several other users, I have noticed varied time periods for the camera to stay recording in various modes. Only twice has it gone over 8 hours recording when set to 5fps, medium/low g-sensor. Most days/nights the time period varies from 2-4 hours.
When set to motion detection too, the camera did not last beyond 4 hours in any given setting (street side parking, workplace parking, mall parking, apartment basement (2-3 different spots). It seemed to be recording continuously.

I understand the motion detection is tricky and totally dependent upon surrounding, however I will like to be better at it and wondering if a camera reset will be useful.

Also, I am considering a Xiaomi 20000 mAh power bank and plugging it with usb-12v power adapter to ensure a longer continuous supply, I can then choose to connect the camera to power bank instead of hardwire kit, and so the following questions:

1. Will just setting the camera to parking mode be enough for it work in parking mode with either 3/5fps recording or with motion detection.
  2. Would the 20000 mAh be able to supply the power needed to stay recording over 12-16 hours? I kinda need it because on some days the car will not be used for this long a duration.
  3. Are there any chances of overheating on the camera or powerbank that I need to be aware of, and if so, what is a safe duration to run it. Powerbank will mostly be used in underground parking spaces, temperatures ranging 5-25 degrees celsius. Is it still safe to be used in a higher temperature range?

Looking forward to any other pro tips to ensure a smoother parking mode experience.

Thank you.

sandugl

thanks,
I have exactly the same problem !! Did you solve it ?? If so, what settings did you make? See my other posts!
I was able to fix my issue by rehardwiring my acc cable to an actual acc fuse. Before I had it both wires hardwired to constant fuses which is why my camera was always on. Not sure if that helps but it was able to get my dash cam into parking mode and record 45 seconds when motion is detected instead of continuous recording.
I have the same problem. How did you identify acc fuse? What about the other one?

Neat0

thanks,
Hello, I had similar questions a while ago, I used a power bank that I put together out of used batteries, paid around 7 bucks for the shell, had it hooked up to the cars usb port and it would charge while the car ran. It also had additional usb port where I plugged the camera for power, the camera recorded until the power bank depleted its charge and shut off at 20% so not to damage the LiOn batteries it contained. Once the car was started the power bank would charge enough to run the camera during parking episodes. That worked well for me but it depends on your driving routines. I recently installed the hard-wire kit and so far so good, I got a Honda CRV, IMO the batteries on these cars are weak and their quality is questionable, which is why I went with the power-bank in the first place. I'm using the 2.4 volts setting in the kit, so far I've gotten 4 hours of recordings, 2 hours of regular "movie" recordings and 2 hours of "parking" or park I think is named, so not sure why the cam recorded 2 and 2 for a total of 4 hours instead of 4 hours of "park" recordings because the car sat inside the garage all this time. It filmed the garage wall real good for sure. I will continue to monitor this and as usual update this post asap.

sandugl

Hello, I had similar questions a while ago, I used a power bank that I put together out of used batteries, paid around 7 bucks for the shell, had it hooked up to the cars usb port and it would charge while the car ran. It also had additional usb port where I plugged the camera for power, the camera recorded until the power bank depleted its charge and shut off at 20% so not to damage the LiOn batteries it contained. Once the car was started the power bank would charge enough to run the camera during parking episodes. That worked well for me but it depends on your driving routines. I recently installed the hard-wire kit and so far so good, I got a Honda CRV, IMO the batteries on these cars are weak and their quality is questionable, which is why I went with the power-bank in the first place. I'm using the 2.4 volts setting in the kit, so far I've gotten 4 hours of recordings, 2 hours of regular "movie" recordings and 2 hours of "parking" or park I think is named, so not sure why the cam recorded 2 and 2 for a total
Sir, ref viofo of 129 duo g, connected with kit hk 3 to a car with start / stop system, regarding "parking mode" I come back: why does it register continuously (sometimes at irregular intervals), when the car is with the engine off, both in the outdoor parking lot (for example at a supermarket, in a secluded place, away from other cars, people) and at night inside the garage? What is the problem? What recommendations do you have? I find it unprofessional of you to recommend me to disconnect the camera when parking! I want to benefit from it especially when the car is parked outside and even inside the garage - in the event that it tries to break into it. Tell me exactly, on time, what settings to make from the camera menu !! This problem exasperates me !!
Additionally, why in the root of the card in "dcim" there are only the "movie" and "photo" folders? Shouldn't there be "parking" ???

of 4 hours instead of 4 hours of "park" recordings because the car sat inside the garage all this time. It filmed the garage wall real good for sure. I will continue to monitor this and as usual update this post asap.

sandugl

Sir, ref viofo of 129 duo g, connected with kit hk 3 to a car with start / stop system, regarding "parking mode" I come back: why does it register continuously (sometimes at irregular intervals), when the car is with the engine off, both in the outdoor parking lot (for example at a supermarket, in a secluded place, away from other cars, people) and at night inside the garage? What is the problem? What recommendations do you have? I find it unprofessional of you to recommend me to disconnect the camera when parking! I want to benefit from it especially when the car is parked outside and even inside the garage - in the event that it tries to break into it. Tell me exactly, on time, what settings to make from the camera menu !! This problem exasperates me !!
Additionally, why in the root of the card in "dcim" there are only the "movie" and "photo" folders? Shouldn't there be "parking" ???

Neat0

I have exactly the same problem !! Did you solve it ?? If so, what settings did you make? See my other posts!

I have the same problem. How did you identify acc fuse? What about the other one?
Normally the ACC fused circuit can be found on the fuse box cover, if there is no diagram, with a multimeter.

sandugl

No, I didn't solve the problem. I have a renault kadjar with the start / stop system. For HK3 with multimeter I tried various combinations regarding the red and the yellow wire. I don't understand why the "parking" folder doesn't appear.

sandugl

I think that's the problem with me too, do I have both fuse cables with direct current? Am I so unlucky, if I can't find an ACC fuse ??

Neat0

No, I didn't solve the problem. I have a renault kadjar with the start / stop system. For HK3 with multimeter I tried various combinations regarding the red and the yellow wire. I don't understand why the "parking" folder doesn't appear.
I'm just a consumer, not a tech support guy, but if the camera is not going into parking mode there will not be a parking folder in the SD Card. I would reload the firmware or try another version of the firmware, if that don't work return the camera since it looks like is not working correctly.

sandugl

I'm just a consumer, not a tech support guy, but if the camera is not going into parking mode there will not be a parking folder in the SD Card. I would reload the firmware or try another version of the firmware, if that don't work return the camera since it looks like is not working correctly.
If the pedestrian icon appears on the top left, can we consider that it enters the parking mode ?? Why doesn't the "parking" folder appear in DCIM? Why does it record continuously, at irregular intervals? I have version 1.9. I'm afraid to upgrade to 2.1. I upgraded and then it didn't recognize the back camera. I returned the camera under warranty, receiving an answer that it is a software problem! They sent me another one, it recognizes the rear camera .... but the problem with the parking mode persists !!!!

Capture Your Action

Stick man icon confirms it's in Auto Event Detection Mode. I believe parking mode files are not stored in a Parking Mode folder, but rather stored with regular files. Parking mode files will have PF or PR end the end of the names to confirm your recording in parking mode.