Multiple issues with A129 Pro Duo

coke

My car is only 3 months old and the car was driven just prior, so a low voltage scenario in my case would be low.

Have you contacted product support? At least get a replacement device under warranty to try?

coke

Have you tried another card yet?
I haven’t. As it’s a material cost to buy another card. and if the problem is not related to the card then what do I do with 2 cards and a faulty device?

as I said earlier, VIOFO needs to provide better debugging facilities instead of asking consumers to try this and that.

Capture Your Action

While I understand you don't want to purchase another card and have it not be the issue, but if the card is faulty or incompatible (the h2testw test does not reveal all faults) then it's hardly 100% the fault of the camera. I experienced the beeping issue on 2 A129 DUO's using the SanDisk Ultra A1 and Viofo 128GB cards. I have never had the issue with the SanDisk High Endurance 256GB or Samsung EVO Plus 128GB card. Certainly not saying a new card will fix your issue, but I think it's worth trying. It's always good to have a spare card too. Maybe you can borrow one to test?

coke

I totally understand where you are coming from, but given the number of similar reports, I just don’t think it’s all due to faulty cards. Or maybe the device is extremely sensitive which in itself could be a tolerance issue.

I am awaiting further response from VIOFO. I would prefer to test with another camera or be provided with a card, before I go out and buy another high performance card.

Capture Your Action

Beeping is caused by any number of issues, the cards being the most common. Faulty rear camera, faulty rear camera cable and/or faulty power can also cause beeping. Of coarse a bug in the firmware or SDK can also cause beeping.
There are quite a few users complaining about beeping, but that doesn't mean they are all caused by the same thing. I think a lot of users hear their cameras beeping, research it and see others complaining of beeping and just assume they all have the same issue caused by the same thing.
It would be nice if the camera could tell you which of these things are causing the beeping, but I don't think it's currently supported in the Novatek SDK.

34ford

My car is only 3 months old and the car was driven just prior, so a low voltage scenario in my case would be low.

Have you contacted product support? At least get a replacement device under warranty to try?

Well once again I brought my camera in the house, hooked it upto a 12v power supply and it recorded a straight hour with not a single beep.
Maybe I should hook it up to the cigarette adapter with it in the seat to see if I am getting some kinda interference.

It is next to a Uniden R3 detector, but it has been off for the most part.

Randy_Buss

I understand your frustration, and I've also struggled with the same issues, with exception to the g-shock issue. However, I have possibly discovered the root cause of all of the issues.

You shared that you had the hardwire kit installed with your dashcam. I'm assuming you have the hard-wire kit set to the lowest 11.8 Volt cut-off position. This is where I had mine set, and my A129 Pro Duo was having all except the g-shock issue you've described. The random beeps indicating a recording issue, not recording at all for lengths of time, unplayable videos, all happening regardless of the brand and type of micro-SD card used with a ton of frustration and disappointment, let alone great concern knowing that when the time comes when you need a dashcam recording because of an accident that you might not have anything to use to prove your innocence in your defense.

However, after weeks and weeks of persisting through the frustrations and spending more money than I'd like to admit trying several different micro SDcard brands at the advice from Viofo tech support, I switched the hard-wire kit power controller to the 12 volt position and viola, no more issues at all. Now the only problem I'm left with is having an abundance of 128Gb microSD cards, lol. I still believe in Viofo products, but the least they can do when an issue like this develops is compensate their customers by refunding them the money they spent due to unneccessarily following their ignorant advice to buy a new micro-SD card. Heck, I'd be thrilled if they would send me another A129 Pro 4k Duo for me to install in one of my other vehicles as compensation for the frustration and money wasted following their tech support advice, only to have me discover for them where the root problem exists and to explain it to them.

As for why the dashcam doesn't function properly when the hard-wire kit is set to 11.8 volts for the cut-off, I can only suspect faulty circuitry or poorly designed circuitry.