New cable from Viofo

2sox

Hi,
has any one received a new longer 6m cable from Viofo and found it to solve the DAB interference issues? I don't really want to have to strip out the whole car again if this does not fix the issue!!!
Cheers

Capture Your Action

6 meter cable is what comes with all cameras. 8 meter is the optional cable available. They both offer the same shielding.
Have you tried ferrite cores?

2sox

They have just sent me the longer cable as the original would not route lower down by the floor. I think they think that taking the cable out of the roof lining and away from the aerial on the roof may help?.... they have sent me ferrite cores to use also..... I have seen other comments where having the rear camera on the bottom of the screen rather than the top helped them as it moved it further away from the rear screen heater which is used as the DAB aerial?... not so sure about that one!!

Capture Your Action

Yes, routing the cable as far away from the DAB antenna as possible is best. Not always feasible if it's built into the rear glass. Hopefully the ferrite cores will help. Use one on each end.

2sox

Yes, routing the cable as far away from the DAB antenna as possible is best. Not always feasible if it's built into the rear glass. Hopefully the ferrite cores will help. Use one on each end.
hmmmm, not sure that taking the cable via the floor routing then up to the roof takes it any further away from the rear screen than it already is??... I have to admit to not having a great deal of confidnce in this "solution"... I'll try it, but it's a chore to route the cable through the trunking in the hatchback!

Capture Your Action

hmmmm, not sure that taking the cable via the floor routing then up to the roof takes it any further away from the rear screen than it already is??... I have to admit to not having a great deal of confidnce in this "solution"... I'll try it, but it's a chore to route the cable through the trunking in the hatchback!
Like I said, "Not always feasible if it's built into the rear glass". I have no idea where your DAB antenna is. If it's in the rear glass, then the ferrite cores will be your best bet, unless you can relocate your rear camera off the glass (maybe the trim area at the top of the rear window?).

2sox

Like I said, "Not always feasible if it's built into the rear glass". I have no idea where your DAB antenna is. If it's in the rear glass, then the ferrite cores will be your best bet, unless you can relocate your rear camera off the glass (maybe the trim area at the top of the rear window?).
I had assumed it was the shark fin aerial on the roof but others have said that the DAB aerial is built into the rear glass... need to qualify that with Mazda..... the camera (rear) is fixed at the top of the rear screen.. it's not really possible to fit it at the bottom because of the screen wiper and not being able to get it any further from the elements in the rear screen....