Newly setup - Camera Time and Rear Cam recording

nav2004

Hi there,
I just setup this model using the Hardwire kit and Parking mode is working.
I just have few questions and an issue with the time in the camera.
Even though I have choosen to synchronise the time using the App to my Phones clock, it keeps loosing the time next time I check the footage. It is VERY annoying and useless if I need to use the footage someday for insurance.

Also, how do I get it to record both the rear and front cam footage. I see only front. But for live view, if I change the setting to Rear cam only and leave it that way, then next time I check my parking mode footage, it is all from rear cam.

Is there any User guide on the various App menu option meanings. Once the camera is mounted, it is practically useless and difficult to use the menu on the unit itself as it is mounted behind the rearview mirror and difficult to see in dark and not always easy to remember what the 3 LED colors mean or the changing meaning of the 5 buttons depending on what mode the camera is in, which I have not figured out.

nav2004

I downloaded the latest user guide and see few items about the App menu.
Also read how the rear camera footage files are suffixed with R, so I was able to see it. As there were so many files, I did not realize they were down in the list.
I set the time to GMT-4 to match my EST in addition to synchronizing again with my phone, so will have to see if it remembers this next time I drive.
Also found out from reading the guide that the buttons on the front cam are all disabled when connected to phone using Wifi.

Capture Your Action

Be sure to turn WiFi off when not actually using it as it will decrease the bitrate, affecting image quality.

If you have GPS, just set the time zone offset and let the GPS keep the date and time.

Always check your memory card on a computer to see what files are actually present. I would not rely on the app, especially if your having an issue.

nav2004

Oh good to know about keeping WiFi Off. As I just finished installing it and checking the videos from last 2 days, I left WiFi on since first turning it ON. It seems to stay ON in Parking mode as well because I was able to connect to it while car was in garage. I will remember to turn it off now.
I did connect the camera to computer this morning and randomly checked one or two files, but did not copy.
After I did the GMT timezone offset and sync with phone time this morning, since then it seems to have remembered the time, so will have to keep checking. It is pain now to look at the screen from driver seat, once it is mounted behind the rearview mirror, so have been using the phone to check.