No video only audio

Treehouse

Hello
I have just tried to transfer some video (stills are ok) from our new Git2, but only the audio is playing in all programs, even all the movie making (including Adobe) won't play the MP4 files. They play on the camera.
Examining the Properties, there is no frame rate info, as there would usually be. It appears that some info is not transfering over, it won't play video 'through' the Git2 either.
Please advise. Thank you in advance.
TH

Alistair Parsons

so when you playback on the camera itself, you cant see anything.

its very common to get balck screen and audio only on pc playback, which is usually codecs issue, using klite codecs or vlc normally fixes.

if you cant playback what you have just recorded in the camera, I would update firmware...

Treehouse

so when you playback on the camera itself, you cant see anything.

its very common to get balck screen and audio only on pc playback, which is usually codecs issue, using klite codecs or vlc normally fixes.

if you cant playback what you have just recorded in the camera, I would update firmware...

Treehouse

Thank you for your reply.
What would account for/would explain why the first few videos can be seen, taken a few days before, and have full 'properties' info, but all subsequent cannot be seen? (Same resolution and plenty of space on as card) I've used Adobe to make movies on many formats, I haven't had this codec problem before.
?

Treehouse

Thank you for your reply.
What would account for/would explain why the first few videos can be seen, taken a few days before, and have full 'properties' info, but all subsequent cannot be seen? (Same resolution and plenty of space on as card) I've used Adobe to make movies on many formats, I haven't had this codec problem before.
?
VLC does play the clips,( though they are not perfect). The info missing from the File properties is: Frame Width (1920)Frame Height (1080) Frame Rate (60 frames/second) On the first few files that play ok this information is showing, but on those that play in VLC only, these properties do not.
Could someone please explain why or how this has changed as I cannot import the clips to edit as they are now if they only play in VLC. What could have changed or been changed? All clips were transferred together, and are still on the SD card, nothing has been deleted on a pc.

Please advise.

Alistair Parsons

so the other files that play OK were also 60 frames/s

i would copy all files of card, reformat card from camera menu, try a few more video files.
if those play ok, then sue a video convertor, or even vlc itself to convert the problem files
if they dont play, then @gitup might have more ideas.

Treehouse

Yes all are 60 frames/s. I reformatted and nothing plays outside VLC and none of the files show any frame info, as video usually does. I can't see why I would need to update firmware on a brand new camera, I only want an MP4 file that will play as usual. I'm not expecting the camera to make me a coffee. Why would it have recorded a few files ok and now not? @gitup ?