Overheating camera?

shazbot

I've had my A129 Duo installed for about 2 weeks so far and lately it has been locking up in the afternoon where we are experiencing 100 degree temperatures. The camera used to operate normally during the morning, evening, and throughout the night but ever since these high temperatures I am finding it locked up when it is cool outside.

I bought the camera from Dashoto through Amazon and I used the included hard wire kit to power the A129 Duo. The power cord is attached directly to the camera and not the GPS and I have Wifi turned off. The camera is also running firmware 1.9 and I am using a Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB card.

I have also tried power the camera through the included Viofo cigarette/USB adapter but the camera still locks up. I also ran the camera with the rear camera detached but I still experienced lockups.

Here's a gif of the camera glitching out.

Capture Your Action

Possible a poor power supply could cause similar issue. Try powering with the short data cable included and a USB wall charger that supplies at least 1A (avoid Apple chargers). If it still does it, it's the image sensor and you need to warranty it.

Systeman

It would be good for some to know the outcome of this post. I hope you solved it.

shazbot

I ended up returning the entire unit back to Amazon in exchange for a new one. I suspect it was a bad sensor because the camera worked fine until it was placed in direct sunlight. New unit should arrive today hopefully.