Parking mode - again.

pjon

I need an explanation of the settings please.
Parking mode selected, choose frame rate or off. If there is power when parked does the camera keep recording at the selected frame rate once the vehicle has stopped moving for a time, then revert to normal recording once the vehicle starts moving? If parking mode is on it is not possible to turn on motion detection. Parking mode has to be off when motion detection is required.
If parking mode is off and motion detection is on presumably the camera will start recording if it detects motion in it's field of view?
I would have expected motion detection and parking mode should be co-ordinated along with g sensor. i.e. if parked then any motion detected and/or shock detected then recording should start.
A full explantion would be appreciatd.
I sent a request to Viofo for an explanation but it seems to have been ignored!

VIOFO-Swin

For parking mode recording, it always requires hardwiring cable connects your camera to your car’s battery through the fuse box.
1. If you choose time lapse recording in parking mode, it will keep on recording at the selected frame rate as long as there is power, and it will revert to normal recording once the vehicle starts moving.
2. If parking mode "off" and motion detection "on", it will start recording for 60s if detects motion in its FOV(field of view)
3. actually "auto event detection" includes "motion detection" recording and "impact detection" which triggered by G-sensor.
Below is our blog of A129 parking mode for your reference:
https://www.viofo.com/blog/detail/a129-parking-mode-v20-introduction.html

benkar

I would like to know whether when parking the car, the camera must be manually switched off by the button on the camera or must it be switched on to operate the parking mode? Of course, provided the 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit Cable is used.

benkar

Thank you for the information. One more thing: Can I have "motion detection" mode in normal traffic (when driving) or should I turn it on after parking?

benkar

Why does the display still illuminate in parking mode? How should a screen saver be set up (off or on)?

Last edited:

VIOFO-Swin

Thank you for the information. One more thing: Can I have "motion detection" mode in normal traffic (when driving) or should I turn it on after parking?
Don't turn "motion detection" ON unless in parking as it will effect the normal recording.

wayne

I would like to know whether when parking the car, the camera must be manually switched off by the button on the camera or must it be switched on to operate the parking mode? Of course, provided the 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit Cable is used.
With the 3 wire kit by viofo you have to manually set the camera in the parking mode for the camera to record with the ignition in the off position. I don't like to change that setting on and off so I leave it in parking mode 7-24 and purchased a 3 wire kit from vicovation that has a battery discharge prevention but also a bypass switch. When I am out and about the switch is in activate mode, and when I'm home where my car is in a safe environment, I put it in Bypass mode by flipping the switch. Bypass mode cuts power to the camera unless the ignition is turned on to acc and or start position.

wayne

For my wife's car, vofo's 3 wire kit works well in constant parking mode as she drives very little and for short duration. It is housed in a one car garage where the door is usually closed so movement outside doesn't trigger a recording while in the parking mode. If she ever had to switch the parking mode on and off, it just wouldn't get done !
I understand Viofo is working on a new 3 wire kit and maybe it will make life easier for us.

Bart57266

I used the 3-wire hardware kit. With Parking Mode on, I have observed the following functionality:

First, you have to plug the camera in, then cycle the ignition ON and OFF one time, pausing to let camera power up between them. This gets the camera to recognize the configuration, and go into Parking Mode when ignition is turned off.

Once complete, this is how it behaves:

When ignition is ON, these icons appear in the upper-left corner:
  • Movie Camera on top
  • Automobile icon with a small movie camera in upper-left corner
When ignition is OFF, these icons appear in the upper-left corner:
  • Movie Camera on top
  • Camera icon with clock on it (because mine is set to time-lapse mode), and a P on upper-left corner (Parking Mode). Your icon may be different, depending on which parking mode you selected.
Any time you unplug your camera, it is no longer getting constant power from the red "Battery" wire, so you must cycle the ignition ON and OFF, again.

Last edited: