Parking Mode Draining Battery

Grego

It would appear that when my A129 Pro Duo switches to parking mode once the car ignition is switched off, there is some draining of the car batter to a level where I am now receiving a low battery warning light.
This device was hard wired 6 months ago to my BMW X7 however I have doubts it was properly installed by the professional fitter?
My questions are
  1. Any advice on how to check whether it was correctly installed? I bought the Viofo hardwiring kit when I purchased the device.
  2. Is the 12V the correct setting on the hard wire kit to avoid battery depletion?
  3. What settings should the device be on for parking mode to avoid any draining of the battery?
  4. Anything else I should be looking out for before I decide on the next course of action.
  5. Next course of action would be a separate battery pack for the parking mode to operate from. Any recommendations what battery pack I should be looking for and are these easy to install bearing in mind the device is already hardwired into my fuse box?
I would appreciate any advice as soon as possible.

P.S. I posted this thread earlier in the week but it appears to have been deleted for some reason?