Parking mode on/off - Time based schedule, location based

nav2004

I have had the dashcam for a week and have the Parking mode ON for Auto Event Detection.
I can already see how uselessly it fills up the card overnight when my car is parked in my own garage. The rear cam picks up the difference in daylight/streetlight etc and keeps recording.
Two suggestions to VIOFO.
Please add a schedule based ON/OFF feature just like you have in Thermostats, so that I can have it turn off at night during weekdays when I know I am usually in my own home and garage.
Also, if GPS mount is used and location is available, then give an option to disable it in few of your regular locations, for example, your own home

I have seen accomplished DIYselfers creating their own hardware on/off switch, but that is difficult to install and terrible user experience for someone not tech savy who is the driver of the car. There are so many other ways this feature can be turned on/off that can be implemented with existing hardware and software.

benkar

I have had the dashcam for a week and have the Parking mode ON for Auto Event Detection.
I can already see how uselessly it fills up the card overnight when my car is parked in my own garage. The rear cam picks up the difference in daylight/streetlight etc and keeps recording.
Two suggestions to VIOFO.
Please add a schedule based ON/OFF feature just like you have in Thermostats, so that I can have it turn off at night during weekdays when I know I am usually in my own home and garage.
Also, if GPS mount is used and location is available, then give an option to disable it in few of your regular locations, for example, your own home

I have seen accomplished DIYselfers creating their own hardware on/off switch, but that is difficult to install and terrible user experience for someone not tech savy who is the driver of the car. There are so many other ways this feature can be turned on/off that can be implemented with existing hardware and software.
Hm, and why not turn the camera off and on manually as needed. Have we all become so lazy and comfortable?

nav2004

Hm, and why not turn the camera off and on manually as needed. Have we all become so lazy and comfortable?
Not a matter of laziness, who will remember to go behind the rearview and pull the wire each night and plug it back in. Plus, manual says to not remove power till it has finished writing to card. So right after you drive back home, it is still recording and will still do so if Parking MODE is ON.
In this day when we have Wifi switches and apps like IFFT to autumate mundane tasks, it is not a big feature ask off the manufacturer. If anything, these forums are a good source for them to identify what features and enhancements to make from real life experience of customers using their product.

Capture Your Action

Not a matter of laziness, who will remember to go behind the rearview and pull the wire each night and plug it back in. Plus, manual says to not remove power till it has finished writing to card. So right after you drive back home, it is still recording and will still do so if Parking MODE is ON.
In this day when we have Wifi switches and apps like IFFT to autumate mundane tasks, it is not a big feature ask off the manufacturer. If anything, these forums are a good source for them to identify what features and enhancements to make from real life experience of customers using their product.
Simply press and hold the power button (left most button) for about 3-4 seconds and the camera will turn off.