Parking mode shuts off after a few minutes.

funb0b

The unit goes into parking mode with icon changing from car to a man, so it's working.

I've set the voltage to 12v cutoff.

After few minutes the unit goes dark with not lights at all. I've left it for 20mins come back and press the menu button it does nothing, Switch on the ignition it boots up like it's booting from an off state, check the footage and there's nothing. (I've tried this with both auto and low bitartrate modes).

The last recordings will be before it goes into parking mode then after the ignition on and nothing in the middle.

I've checked that the constant live is not timing out, I've waited in the car till the unit goes off and probed the constant feed and it's fine.

Getting a bit frustrated with it now to point off ripping it all out and giving up and getting a U1000.

Any help would be appreciated.

Capture Your Action

The issue is likely your battery, not the camera. There is a 90 second delay between when the Viofo hardwire kit senses voltage below the cutoff setting and when it kills power to the camera. Your battery is probably not as charged or good as you think.

funb0b

The issue is likely your battery, not the camera. There is a 90 second delay between when the Viofo hardwire kit senses voltage below the cutoff setting and when it kills power to the camera. Your battery is probably not as charged or good as you think.
Thanks for your reply it is appreciated, the battery is only a couple of years old at most but it has been sitting for quite a while during the pandemic, so you have a point.

I'm going to pull the battery tomorrow and put it on charge and go from there. I'll report back my results.

Cheers.

BGMEEKS

Thanks for your reply it is appreciated, the battery is only a couple of years old at most but it has been sitting for quite a while during the pandemic, so you have a point.

I'm going to pull the battery tomorrow and put it on charge and go from there. I'll report back my results.

Cheers.
Hi funb0b.. Have you any update on your switching off issue? I have the exact same problem... i even put the inline detector on the lowest setting but it still happens!! let me know how you are getting on..

NSR

I've had this problem lots with a Volvo V60. The Volvo switches off ECUs over a period of two minutes until it completely powers down the 12V system with very very few fuses active. One fuse that eventually worked for me was the OBD fuse, which having experience of my phone keeping the connection open to my bluetooth OBDII dongle and flattening the battery, was the ideal candidate.

In short - try another fuse.

dashcalamity

With the car turned off, I would confirm the battery has 12v using a voltmeter/multimeter directly on battery terminals.
Also good to confirm 12v in the red wire near the module that allows you to select the cut off voltage (to rule out a bad spice or break in wire).

Using a fuse test light/voltmeter/multimeter to check that that the red wire tapped fuse still has power after the 90s timeout you're experiencing.