Parking Settings

komobu

Which Parking Settings do you use? Yesterday I installed my new 129 Plus Duo. I parked my car in my driveway at about 5:15pm. I left for work just over 14hrs later at 730am. I did use the Viofo Hard Wire Harness. When I checked the files while parked last night, I had over 1500 files created! Each file was somewhere around 30k. Not Large files, but 1500 of them.

The settings I currently have are as follows:
Parking Mode : Low Bitrate Recording
Parking Mode Timer: Off
Parking Recording Duration: 48hrs
Parking G Sensor: High Sensitivity
Parking Mode Detection: Medium
Time Lapse Recording: Off
Motion Detection: Off

I am thinking I should change them. With that many parking files, If something happened to my car it would take me a couple days to find the one showing the event! I am wondering about Motion Detection.

What parking mode and settings do you recommend?

Thanks for any info

RaduF

hi there,
Personally I m using parking motion sensor to medium, 24hours recording

Finchwizard

I Seem to have the problem with lots of files because Motion Detection whilst in parking mode is just constantly picking things up, even in low.
But this is to be expected when I work in a school and where I have to park there's still lots of movement.

There's no way I can see to avoid it as Motion Detection for Parking can't be turned off, only to Low.

I'd much prefer to just have parking mode on G Sensor incase someone actually hits the car or touches the car or bumps it etc.

Am I missing something here?