Problem with intermittent recording once installed...

SWoMP

I purchased an A129 Pro Duo in July from Viofo UK, your reseller here.

I have been having problems with the unit stopping recording after running for a while.

I've been through the process of test and reformatting the SD cards (also supplied by Viofo UK).

I have also tested the HK3 hardwire kit by running the camera directly from it. This last test has come back with a complete set of recording for a 50 mile, 1.5 hours time period.

I'm therefore concluding that the problems I have had are due to the GPS Mount.

Is it possible to get this replaced?

Many thanks,

JohnK

Capture Your Action

Check the GPS mount for appropriate power. See attached image.

If power to the mount is fine/stable, then there could be an issue with the ribbon cable that runs from the GPS mount to the main board.

Attachments

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Could you please try using the supplied short USB cable in your car to connect the USB port on the dashcam's body side and a power bank? If the dashcam records well with the rear dashcam connected, it means the GPS mount may have a problem.

SWoMP

Hi. Did that this morning. Recording was solid for over an hour.
I did also try using the accessory usb cable to power the camera in the car whilst travelling and again, it recording was solid and fine.
I also checked the voltage pins on the GPS mount and it was ok at 5V, BUT of course I couldnt do this whilst moving and the problems I've had have all been after the car has been moving for a while.

I'd agree, it all seems to point to the GPS mount.
Thnx

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
It's good to know this. You bought this dashcam in July. So it's still under warranty. Please contact Viofo UK, they'll help you with it. Then you can get a replacement more quickly.

SWoMP

I've contacted Viofo UK and they are happy to replace it. However, they requested a ticket no. so I logged in to the Support.viofo.com site and created a ticket. Support authorised a camera replacement but Viofo UK cant see the ticket thread so have asked for an RMA number, a request I passed on... Then support said they needed to see the Invoice for the product. Why is all this so difficult? Viofo UK must have a copy of the Invoice - cannot you talk to each other?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Sir!

Sorry for the late reply! As we just spent a weekend. Is everything ok now?