Rear camera firmware??? Where is it???

goddi

Greetings,
My rear camera is not working in Parking Mode. The only firmware available is for the front camera. I need to install the firmware to my rear camera to see if that will fix the problem. But I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas where I can find the firmware for the rear camera?
Gary

Capture Your Action

There is no firmware for the rear camera on the A129 DUO. Only the A129 Plus DUO has separate rear camera firmware.

benkar

Greetings,
My rear camera is not working in Parking Mode. The only firmware available is for the front camera. I need to install the firmware to my rear camera to see if that will fix the problem. But I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas where I can find the firmware for the rear camera?
Gary
There is only one FW. The back camera does not have a separate FW.

goddi

I don't think so. I know there is an FWA129S.bin for the front camera (not sure if this includes the rear cam firmware). I found these files that I had used for my rear camera and wonder if they are the latest.
Gary

Capture Your Action

At one point there was an update to the rear camera, but they have apparently decided/discovered that it is not necessary at this point and removed it.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings,
Gary
Hello,
May I know your dashcam model? we noticed you showed the A129 plus rear camera firmware bin but the A129 duo user manual.
And "rear camera is not working in Parking Mode", do you mean the rear camera widow didn't appear on the main camera screen in parking mode or you can't find the rear camera parking files? but the rear camera is normal in driving mode? could you please provide more details?

goddi

Greetings,
I have the A129 Plus Duo. I have noticed that, sometimes, the clips from the rear camera are not being created. I can see the rear camera is working on the LCD screen. It is just that the clips are not always being created in the files. The missing rear camera clips occurred with both normal driving and in parking mode. In addition to this, some clips get incorrect times/filenames and are sorted out of sequence. See attached. So I thought to re-install the rear camera's firmware. But I get different instructions from Viofo and from BlackBoxMyCar.

I get instructions to install the 'RearcamA129FW.bin' and 'RearcamA129FW.update' files. But no one can tell me where to find them. I have the old files but I'd like to get fresh ones, just in case. And, then, I also get instructions to just install 'A129FW.bin', only, from Blackboxmycar. They don't say that this will also update the rear camera or not. I am amazed that a simple question on installing firmware can not be clearly responded to. And why am I having so many problems with my dash cam where the rear camera sometimes fails to create its files and some files get incorrect times/filenames therefore and sorted incorrectly.

And then they tell me to just try a new card. I have card that came with the camera.
Gary

952952 incorrectly.
Gary

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

According to users' feedbacks, the dashcam randomly stops recording mainly because of the SD card. So usually, we recommend users choose the SD cards of Samsung, VIOFO, or Transcend high endurance series, excepting Thinkware which is not our origin card. You can borrow a card mentioned and have a try with it.

The problem also may be caused by the power supply, so we suggest you use a power bank to connect your dashcam to have a try. You can do this in your car by sliding down the main camera body from the GPS mount and connecting it with the power bank via the short USB cable. And then you can check if the cam can record normally when using the battery bank.