Recommended SD Card

nav2004

Which brand and model of SD cards people are using and not facing any camera freezing issues ?
My reputed seller customer service thinks it is the Adata card and is recommending these two

Sandisk Ultra A1 UHS-1 Class 10
Samsung Pro Endurance UHS-1 Class 10

I currently use
ADATA Premier Pro UHS-1 Class 10
Top right of the packaging also says V30, so something close to this one
https://www.adata.com/us/feature/368

Packaging and manufacturer website says this ADATA card is designed to be used for Dashcams.

I would hate to spend another $40 -$60 bucks to get the Sandisk or Samsung just to see if the cause of freezing up is a memory card, so wanted to get feedback from real users.

Sandisk website does not even list dashcam as a use case for this card anywhere
https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/ultra-microsd-400gb

But Samsung one does
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/microsdxc-pro-endurance-memory-card-w-adapter-128gb-mb-mj128ga-am/

Capture Your Action

I would get the SanDisk Ultra A1 card. Just be sure it is the A1 series card (will say A1 on the card. The Samsung should be fine too. I don't know of anyone using the ADATA card in the Viofo cameras. I have had issues with ADATA in the past, so I would personally avoid them. I assume you formatted the card inside the camera before using?

Capture Your Action

Have you checked the files on the card? Are there matching front and rear camera files? How often does the camera freeze up?

benkar

Ok, will go with this one. Says A1 on it
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=11_1216_175_177&item_id=121295

Yes, I formatted the ADATA card in the Dashcam. I had recently purchased the card few weeks before the Dashcam for use in Smartphone, but ended up getting a higher internal capacity smartphone, so this was lying around. When I read on the package it supports dashcam, decided to use it.
I recommend to try the VIOFO 128GB MLC UHS-3 card, I used the Samsung SDXC 128GB card before, but I claimed it because I thought it was causing the camera to freeze frequently. Now everything is fine.

nav2004

Have you checked the files on the card? Are there matching front and rear camera files? How often does the camera freeze up?
I have checked, but via the App and there are missing recordings even when 3 LEDs are lit indicating recording is happen. It has frozen up last 2 mornings I checked, including today. App was failing to show the files, I had to use the browser and did not pay attention to what files it recorded. Just saw by date groupings for each day.

Alberto78

Hi, I had some problem with the 64GB microsd card the seller gave me together with the A129. After that I put a Kingston class 10 32GB in the camera and it works well. I'm thinking now to buy a new 64GB. When I didn't know that the problem of my camera was the sd (it recorded images but it was slow in responding to commands) I asked here in the forum and to Viofo support: they told me to use VIOFO microsd or TRASCEND class 10 microsd. I think VIOFO microsd are TRASCEND because they have a very similar design

Capture Your Action

I have checked, but via the App and there are missing recordings even when 3 LEDs are lit indicating recording is happen. It has frozen up last 2 mornings I checked, including today. App was failing to show the files, I had to use the browser and did not pay attention to what files it recorded. Just saw by date groupings for each day.
Be sure to leave WiFi off when your not actually using it. Leaving WiFi on all the time will cut the bitrate in half, affecting the image quality. Some users have also had interference issues when they left WiFi on. That alone could be the reason for the camera freezing up. I would try that first, then another card if it does not help.