Remote Control

Rolf62

which one do I have to use. Can I use the one shown in the shop, but marked only for G2/G1.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Rolf

MartinWi

Normally the GIT1/2 bluetooth remote should work with the G3 aswell. I tried to work with the remote BUT currently I cannot activate bluetooth in the main settings menue as it is greyed out..... - @gitup - am I doing something wrong or is bluetooth functionality still missing?

Rolf62

Thanks Martin for your answer.

Would like to read a new post from you when you got Bluetooth running.
Regards
Rolf

MartinWi

Thanks Martin for your answer.

Would like to read a new post from you when you got Bluetooth running.
Regards
Rolf
I hope we will get a reply from GITUP concerning this! As soon as I have any news, I will post!

kubazil

The remote control function is still under development. According to information I received from the manufacturer this function will be applied in the next firmware. The Bluetooth icon in the speed-dial menu is not yet functional.
Kuba

MartinWi

The remote control function is still under development. According to information I received from the manufacturer this function will be applied in the next firmware. The Bluetooth icon in the speed-dial menu is not yet functional.
Kuba
Thanks Kuba! Let's wait and see ;-)

Rolf62

Thanks Kuba,
that information helps really - let's wait and see - just Martin wrote

k1000

Any idea when the new firmware will come out?
It would be great to have the remote control activated !

Mesa9

Does the Gitup BT remote provide feedback on whether it is actually recording?

ThiEye T5 Edge does have a dim LED (hard to see in daylight) that blinks when recording is on,

Rolf62

I'm sorry, but GitUp seems to be very slow in developing some software/firmware.
The motorcycle season starts and I will take another manufactorer of action cams.
I'm not really happy about my decision, but I want to have a working remote control and a working camera.
Regards.
R.

Alistair Parsons

The Git2 wrist remote doesnt use bluetooth, its uses normal RF to communicate, like car keys.

The Git3 remote uses bluetooth and as of 27/4 isnt available yet, but is being worked on

The cables for using PWM for remnote control are I believe compatible with Git2 or Git3

CK1

Firmware 1.8 still has no actived Bluetooth.. but I now have a Pre-Production Remote watch prototype with unreleased 1.9 Firmware, which has bluetooth activated.. so if testing goes well, I am sure it wont be too far away for everyone else.

Last edited: