Riding videos shot with the G3

Vaughn Reid

Nice videos. How is the G3 handling the fish-eye effect? Or are you post processing to clean it up?These seem much better than my git2 for this. Was going to get the 90 degree lens to address but would rather get the G3.

Mesa9

Nice videos. How is the G3 handling the fish-eye effect? Or are you post processing to clean it up?These seem much better than my git2 for this. Was going to get the 90 degree lens to address but would rather get the G3.
Thank you.

I looked at distortion removal in Premiere but they only have profiles for popular cameras. It was not clear which profile I would use for the G3 or how to make one.

Then I looked at the video again and decided the distortion was reasonable. In natural scenes without a lot of straight lines a slight fisheye does not seem bad.

Vaughn Reid

You know what, you are right. I went and looked at some of mine and I agree. It’s the close ups near buildings and things that tend to be affected more. The natural landscapes are fine. Enjoy your rides!

Mesa9

A few more details...

Most of this video was shot with a chin mount. Chest mount shows the cockpit more, but is a little low. Top of helmet is a bit high and harder to operate.

"Baja 13" is shot with a backpack boom. This requires using the app for aiming. Battery life is around 2 hours with the camera and wifi on the whole time, and intermittent use. An external USB power bank could be used.

Battery life with "Quick Capture" (push to start, push to stop) is quite good: plenty for several hours of riding and intermittent use.