selected PC camera but no video ?

Flyingstoo

Hi

I am trying to understand how the Gitup AV out works and am not getting very far.

I have bought a gitup FPV cable and connected it up via a 5.8ghz transmitter. All power and connections appear correct as when I run another camera I get pictures. It is looking like I may have a faulty FPV cable

I therefore wanted to prove that the AV out from the Gitup usb plug is providing video. I connected the Gitup via a usb cable to my PC and selected PC camera mode. There was an installation of Gitup drivers and the device manager shows the Gitup connected but I still do not see any video. What is required to view the camera pictures? Do I need some other software?
thanks

Flyingstoo

thanks for that have tried VLC and when using direct show a message says that this device is not of the correct format

Flyingstoo

when selecting pc camera mode is it normal for the pc camera message with a blue background to stay on the camera display screen ...should it not show the captured video stream?

Flyingstoo

have just tried using gitup2 with skype and I do get video but not sound from the camera. I am beginning to think my fpv cable is faulty and not connecting video

Alistair Parsons

yes re the pc camera message, hdmi mirrors screen, pc camera mode does npt
i dont get sound either

Flyingstoo

Okay I have finally proven that some FPV cables sold as Gitup 2 compatible just do not work. I have bought 2 cables now from ebay suppliers and neither will work
correctly.
When you plug in the ebay supplied cables they show the battery charging but do not correctly output any video, the clue is that when a usb cable is connected the display screen should go blank
to show the video stream has been redirected to the usb. The good cable I have does this BUT it does not supply 5v to the camera as it is not wired up to do this it is only wired for video

Does anyone have a pinout diagram for the Gitup 2 usb plug?
. Maybe I can get to the reason these FPV cables are not working
Has anyone bought a good working FPV cable for the Gitup2 ?