short mini USB cable for second camera

Eraa

I'm looking for a short (10cm) mini USB cable that will be compatible with the second camera.

I tried searching for a "Mini USB to Mini USB" on ebay without success. Even if I did find something like that, i'm not sure it would be compatible.

Any ideas on where I can find a short cable to connect the second camera?

VIOFO-Swin

At present we only have 6m rear cable for the second camera, but in future we will release shorter version.
The short mini USB cable you searched on ebay may not be compatible with our camera.

Eraa

At present we only have 6m rear cable for the second camera, but in future we will release shorter version.
The short mini USB cable you searched on ebay may not be compatible with our camera.
Do you have an estimate time on when the shorter USB cable will be released ?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
We are working on a IR interior version, so it come with a shorter mini usb cable.
Do you think 10 cm is too short?

CPT

I have the opposite problem: my truck is large and the cable 6m cable needs an extension. Can you buy one?

Jokerone

I'm looking for a short male to female extension as well.
It needs to fit in a Jeep top so I can easily remove the top when needed.

I bought one from Amazon, but the Viofo provided cable doesn't fit into the female end of the Amazon cable.
All of the amazon cable ends all look the same.

please advise.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Can you share the Amazon cable link?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The rear camera USB connector is not standard version, can not use the adapter in the market.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Do you want to remove the rear camera when needed?

Mar.S.

The rear camera has a USB 3.0 interface, while the your cable from Amazon is USB 2.0.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Need to check it, if upgrade G3 firmware will works or not.
The G3 rear camera use IMX323 sensor, not the IMX291 sensor on the A129. So current G3 does not support this interior camera.

Alistair Parsons

Not a problem if it wont, ive made my own by soldering some IR leds to make an illuminator and using a CCTV M12 lens, but it would just save me having to swop lens.

Need to check it, if upgrade G3 firmware will works or not.
The G3 rear camera use IMX323 sensor, not the IMX291 sensor on the A129. So current G3 does not support this interior camera.

halnwheels

I found this thread that seems to say a short rear camera cable will be available soon, and this was back in 3018. I need a short cable for my rear camera that must mount on the front windscreen facing back.