Short video length and big recording gaps

coneheid

Only had my pro duo for a month and need it to record long periods of video.
All was great and then it started randomly cutting out recording, and file lengths became incredible short.
I've updated the firmware, reset to factory setting and mucked about with clip length with no luck.
I am also using the 256g memory card from viofo

Any other suggestions out there?

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Firstly, please assure you have updated to the latest firmware V2.3. If it's not the latest one, you can download the attached one.

Firmware updating instruction:
You can use a card reader to connect the computer to format your SD card as FAT32 first, and then download the firmware bin file into the root of your SD card.

After that, insert the SD card into the dashcam, the cam will automatically upgrade.

The REC LED will be blinking while upgrading, and the dashcam will restart after finishing upgrading.

Secondly, According to your post, the problem may be caused by the card.

If the dashcam was not directly bought from our official website, the 256g memory card is not of VIOFO.

You can try another card to see if it can work well. We recommend you use the SD cards of Samsung, VIOFO, or Transcend high endurance series.

Attachments

Last edited:

coneheid

Firmware is up to date.
The card is a Viofo card.
I have tried using the cigarette lighter as a power source rather than through the car battery and I still have the same problem.

What do I do now?

Capture Your Action

Firmware is up to date.
I have tried using the cigarette lighter as a power source rather than through the car battery and I still have the same problem.

What do I do now?
What settings have you changed from default?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware is up to date.

What do I do now?
Hello,

Sorry for the wrong attached firmware file. The file would not work if it's renamed. Now I've correct it back.

Please download it and update the firmware again.

We also recommend you use another SD card to have a try. VIOFO doesn't have a card of 256 GB.

coneheid

I had only changed the length of the recording to 5mins and removed the gps to record at all times.
I have since reset all setting and it appears the camera is only recording parking.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I had only changed the length of the recording to 5mins and removed the gps to record at all times.
I have since reset all setting and it appears the camera is only recording parking.
Hello,

Could you please have a troubleshoot by following our suggestion? Then we can find out what's the problem probably as well as give you a better solution.

1. Please try another card or format your card to see if it can work well.

Here is the card formatting instruction: How to format the microSD card? : VIOFO Support Center

2. Update the firmware to the V2.3 using the attached of the above post. The issues caused by resetting the setting can be fixed by updating the firmware.

Here is the firmware updating instruction: VIOFO Firmware Update Guide Step-by-Step - VIOFO Official Website

3. Please try to set the resolution to 2K to see if the clip's length is normal. That means the dashcam is ok if it's normal.

Waiting for your testing result!

Last edited:

coneheid

Tried the 2k setting and now it is recording the correct vid length but at totally random times.

I don't have time to deal with a product that doesn't work properly. How do I send it back and get a refund?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi,

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused! Could you please tell me when and where you bought this dashcam and provide with us an invoice?

I suppose that it most possibly can be fixed well by changing a card or formatting the card. Would you like to have a try again?

We would like to recommend this card: https://amzn.to/3BnvsPy

Or you can try formatting the card from this link: How to format the microSD card? : VIOFO Support Center

Last edited:

coneheid

Is there a specific Samsung card you would recommend?
Can I get a refund for the memory card Viofo sold to me?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Is there a specific Samsung card you would recommend?
Can I get a refund for the memory card Viofo sold to me?
Hello,

We would recommend this Samsung Pro Endurance memory card: https://amzn.to/3BnvsPy

Because you just bought the dashcam two months, you can contact the dealer from whom you buy to ask for a refund.

But the best way is to try the new card first and see if the problem can be fixed. If it still doesn't work, then you could contact the dealer for a refund of both the dashcam and the card.

CrabbyFlabby

I had 10 second gaps between clips, while i waited for a new card to come in and used an old micro sd card. With the newer, faster card the gaps seems to have been elliminated