[Solved] A129 FW2.1, WiFi station mode not available in Android App v3.0.6

josz

I upgraded to firmware v2.1 to use the new WiFi station mode.
But in my app (v3.0.6 "June 15, 2020), there was no option to set up the SSID/PW for WiFi station mode?

Please advice.

Last edited:

josz

The option "Wi-Fi Station Configuration" is missing.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Please update to the latest V3.0.9

josz

3.0.6 is the latest available to me in the Play Store.

josz

Just checked again. 3.0.9 is now available.
I upgraded to 3.0.9 and the desired option is now available.
Thx for your assistance.

viofo1

Hi
Sorry to jump on to this thread but I can't seem to get this to connect. I have the latest firmware and the recent app per above post and followed the official Viofo post on what to do but I never get the IP address on the screen so a bit lost. Wifi signal is strong as can connect phone to the camera from within the house and can connect to wifi easily out side the house. Any help would be brilliant

Thanks

josz

If you entered the correct credentials of your WiFi network. You can set Wifi Station mode on with the mic button.
The camera seems the reboot??, and for a a second or two the assigned Ip-address is shown.

viofo1

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes the password for the home WiFi is correct and the camera reboots but does not show the IP address on the screen. I will Try again tonight.

josz

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes the password for the home WiFi is correct and the camera reboots but does not show the IP address on the screen. I will Try again tonight.
This means that a connection to the WiFi network is not successful.
Cause can be: Weak signal, or wrong credentials.

tjstheiii

Please update to the latest V3.0.9
I'm on App Version 3.1.8 Firmware A129Pro.V2.4.20210521 and I have Wi-Fi Name(SSID), Wi-Fi Password, then Custom Text Stamp. It's missing wi-fi station config (again?) Additionally, when I hold down the Mic button it puts an icon on the left side that looks like an SSD card with a down arrow, which I don't see in the manual, so I'm not sure what it means.

tjstheiii

Thanks for the fast response Viofo! Yes I was saying what you suggested. I guess it isn't available on the A129 Pro yet; I submitted a ticket and they said it would be added to the pro in the near future, but for now it's on the A129 and the 139. I saw the A129 regular article explaining how to set it up and thought it likely worked on the more expensive model, my mistake! I guess it isn't there because it's not ready yet. So, it makes sense why I was having trouble finding posts about it!
Also, another user pointed out in a different thread that the Icon I was seeing is when you switch it to h.265 video instead of h.264. For those that aren't experts in video codecs, 265 is newer and makes smaller files of comparable quality but at the cost of more processing power to encode. I really like the camera so far, so if they do add that extra WiFi functionality it will be everything I dreamed of. ;) Again, thanks for the help on an old thread I resurrected.

keimond

Just wanted to provide info as well.. I have an A129Plus with the latest firmware & app, and I also do not have the Wi-Fi station config available to me.

Skyvan

Just purchased an A129 Pro this week and found this post after not being able to find the station wifi option in settings. Can @viofo share whether this may be provided, if there's a technical limitation preventing it, or other?

My application needs the camera to join my vehicle's wifi, as I'm interacting with the device's stream and file directory via network remotely.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Just purchased an A129 Pro this week and found this post after not being able to find the station wifi option in settings. Can @viofo share whether this may be provided, if there's a technical limitation preventing it, or other?

My application needs the camera to join my vehicle's wifi, as I'm interacting with the device's stream and file directory via network remotely.
Hello,

Sorry to tell you that A129 Pro is not able to realize Wi-Fi Station Mode currently. There is a tech difficulty with it.

ddeveloper72

Hi @VIOFO-Support, I recently installed the A129 Duo. I bought it from Amazon on the 12th August. The wifi worked on the day of install but when I tried connecting to it via the wifi yesterday, I got a black connection failed screen instead. The wifi ssid and password that was shown before, has gone. The firmware version is A129 Build 20201217
Is there anything I can do to be able to restore the wifi settings? Many thanks,
Duncan

a_abhijit

Hi @VIOFO-Support, I recently installed the A129 Duo. I bought it from Amazon on the 12th August. The wifi worked on the day of install but when I tried connecting to it via the wifi yesterday, I got a black connection failed screen instead. The wifi ssid and password that was shown before, has gone. The firmware version is A129 Build 20201217
Is there anything I can do to be able to restore the wifi settings? Many thanks,
Duncan
View attachment 1129
I am facing the same problem with latest Firmware A129Pro V2.4 Build 20210521
I don't even see the WIFI SSID any more.