Speed and Coordinates stamp on video

nav2004

Can any of the text like Speed and/or Coordinates imprinted on the video be removed later.

If it was not turned on to imprint, does the file have the metadata to extra out later ?

I am just thinking of the scenario where it was imprinting and I need to use it for evidence but my speed happened to be 5 or 10 km over limit, then how would insurance company or police treat that as.

For now I have turned ON Coordinates only for this reason.

Capture Your Action

With GPS stamp info turned on, the info shows in the video and is saved within the video file. With GPS stamp info turned off, it does not appear in the video, but certain players can still read the info in the file and will display it within the player software. Dash Cam Viewer will do this for the A129. If you don't want it in the file or on the video, you'll need to turn GPS off. I believe there is a program that can extract the GPS data from the video file, but I don't think it would remove the info if it is already in the video. Can't recall the name of the program off the top of my head.
Keep in mind that if the insurance company, police or anyone who has the file, really wanted to know how fast you were going, they can fairly easily do this by analyzing the video. My wife was in an accident about 4 months back and we gave the video to our lawyer and they had the video analyzed by a company they work with and they told us how fast she was going, her reaction time, closing speed...etc. It was pretty interesting.

Jeff007

Are you saying that even with GPS turned off speed, time, etc. can be extracted with 3rd party software? And doesn't most newer vehicles have a black box that stores that info regardless?

Capture Your Action

Are you saying that even with GPS turned off speed, time, etc. can be extracted with 3rd party software? And doesn't most newer vehicles have a black box that stores that info regardless?
If GPS is turned off, then there won’t be any GPS info in the file. If GPS is on, but the GPS stamp setting is off, there won’t be speed and/or location embedded in the video (displayed in the video), but it’s still stored in the video file and accessible to some video players. The player software would need to support the files generated by the camera.

Don_Perrignon

Can any of the text like Speed and/or Coordinates imprinted on the video be removed later.

If it was not turned on to imprint, does the file have the metadata to extra out later ?

I am just thinking of the scenario where it was imprinting and I need to use it for evidence but my speed happened to be 5 or 10 km over limit, then how would insurance company or police treat that as.

For now I have turned ON Coordinates only for this reason.
Depending on the scenario, unless you were going crazy fast, you going slightly over shouldn't change the other person being at fault.