Testing Cameras & Accessories Before Installation.

Kayeday

Hello all,

I will be trying to install my A139 3CH in these next few days. Already I am having difficulties out of the box.
Right now am just using the cigarette lighter power to test cams and I already formatted the Viofo sd card with the camera (I think as there was no confirmation, but I don't see any errors).

So far I have found:
  1. Downloaded the VIOFO App on my iphone and many of its settings overlap making it hard to select each individual setting.
  2. Turned on voice notification, but have not heard it say anything.
  3. Tested recording with main cam with audio on, but can hardly hear audio in recording - even with iphone volume on max.
  4. Can't find how to delete all recordings at once instead of one at a time in app.
  5. Can't figure out how to connect to the web same time as connected to the camera wifi.
Not sure if I want to update the firmware to 1.6 as there are posted problems on other sites. However, the app says this camera cannot update over wifi. Has anybody updated and not had problems?

I am new to all this so I suspect there to be user error. I will continue to post problems I cannot find solutions for. Advice appreciated.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
1. You can try the latest app version 2.5, download link as below:
http://d.3appstore.com/4qns
2. You can upgrade the firmware to test. link as below:
3. You can send an original video that has little audio to Wetransfer, link as below:
  1. You can click the "select all" button on the app.
  2. You can try the wifi station mode function, please refer to the following blog:

Kayeday

Thank-you for your assistance, but I am running into more problems:
  1. Hard wired Viofo harness and fuse taps. Have continuity/power all the way through to the connector that plugs into camera, but when plugged into the camera it won't power on.
  2. Apple will not let me install app version 2.5; popup saying "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified." If 2.5 could be uploaded to and replace version 2.3 on the Apple App Store, then I would be able to install it.
3. I would like to suggest that you free up posting for members and not make them wait hours or days before getting approval. I replied to a member on Jan 6 and my post is still waiting approval. Between Viofo support staff being offline and waiting days for moderator approval for posts really hinders getting assistance when it is needed. Many of us only have certain times we are available and being able to communicate with each other immediately would go a long way towards getting help. If a member is found to abuse the system with spam or inappropriate posting behavior then remove their posts or ban their account. Members could be offered a place to click to report abuse under any post. It would be really beneficial to post a question and have answers from the community on the same day. It is rather burdensome to spend hours combing the internet because Viofo support staff is unavailable during my availability hours.

Sincerely,
Kaye

Last edited: