Unable to enter parking mode

givenlau

I bought a A139 3CH for overnight recording. But It wouldn’t enter parking mode. I am using a power bank with the original cigarette charging cable (connected by a cigarette charger adapter )to charge the cam. I have tried motion detect mode and 5fps mode. Neither of them worked. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Last edited:

Louie C

Hello new Guy here I bought a Vantrue OBD CABLE USB C for my Viofo A139 after researching, asking the seller if it will work. it may or it may not power the dashcam but bought it anyway, but to my suprise IT WORKS! neways I bought it for the parking mode and I don't know how the PMode workarounds on the dashcam. do you guys think the cable only powers the dashcam and doesn't enter parking mode? I tried setting PMode but couldn't get it to work 1130
HELP!

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

You can do a test to see if the dashcam with this OBD cable connected can enter parking mode after 5 minutes when no motion is detected. Before doing this, remember to set parking mode on. If the dashcam can't enter parking mode in this way, the OBD cable only can be used to power it.

mrpk

Hello,

You can do a test to see if the dashcam with this OBD cable connected can enter parking mode after 5 minutes when no motion is detected. Before doing this, remember to set parking mode on. If the dashcam can't enter parking mode in this way, the OBD cable only can be used to power it.
Hey support, same issues I have. Instead of data cable maybe USB cable can be sent that works with power bank ? Not many find such cables or know that it can't be used to put camera in parking mode but it's strange the camera should go in parking mode irrespective of how it's powered on. If it's on its on it should auto switch to parking after set time. Is there work being done on firmware to fix that ?