Vibrating Noise from inside the camera?

creizlein

I always videos recording a almost continuous vibrating sound which appears to be super close to the camera.

Initially I thought it could be some loose wire or anything else that might be causing it but I removed and checked everything and it’s not it, nor I can hear the sound by myself when driving, so I am thinking it could be something from inside the camera.

Has anyone experiencing it before already on the A129 USING the GPS module? I am thinking it could be the module as well.
Problem with GPS module is that seems to be very very hard to peel off from the windshield due to the 3M tape.

Please do let me know.

benkar

I always videos recording a almost continuous vibrating sound which appears to be super close to the camera.

Initially I thought it could be some loose wire or anything else that might be causing it but I removed and checked everything and it’s not it, nor I can hear the sound by myself when driving, so I am thinking it could be something from inside the camera.

Has anyone experiencing it before already on the A129 USING the GPS module? I am thinking it could be the module as well.
Problem with GPS module is that seems to be very very hard to peel off from the windshield due to the 3M tape.

Please do let me know.
I had a similar problem, the microphone was peeled off. just open the camera and attach the microphone again with adhesive tape.

creizlein

I had a similar problem, the microphone was peeled off. just open the camera and attach the microphone again with adhesive tape.
Exactly the kind of experience i was looking for, it sounds too much like it, hopefully its that as well !!!! thanks

Capture Your Action

Could be the buttons rattling? Maybe place some tape over the buttons temporarily just to see if the noise goes away.

creizlein

Well, I opened the cam and the mic wasn’t loose, it was taped to one of the capacitors, I did however move it around and separated the caps slightly thinking maybe they were hitting each other, but today upon testing the annoying vibration still present.

I will try to tape the buttons as suggested as well, worth the try.
I will also see if I can use temporarily an old A119 I have laying around on the same position to see if it catches the vibration, to see if something specific of the camera or around, but with the clarity and volume it comes it clearly sounds like its coming from the camera.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

creizlein

Another update, today I played with the camera while driving, if I grab the camera with my hand while still on the GPS hook-module then the sound goes almost away, and so does the same if I put my finger over the buttons, So I thought it would be the buttons as suggested, but then what I did was unhook the camera from the GPS module and let it hang on the cable and the vibrating noise also goes away.

I am considering that there are either the buttons as suggested or the connection to the GPS module, i will see if I can put some tape in between the module and the camera and see if it changes anything or put a tape over the buttons as well so I do not apply any force to it.

I'll keep posted, now this is personal!! :p

Airborne

OP you always have good questions but please follow through for the rest of us

creizlein

The problem was the buttons that were shaking as someone else mentioned, I ended up puting a tape over them and the problem went away...

andmar

The problem was the buttons that were shaking as someone else mentioned, I ended up puting a tape over them and the problem went away...
Also experiencing this exact problem, but on mine, if I hold the buttons and shake the unit in my hand it rattles