Video out to Android phone for live camera monitor?

balloon

I just got my A129+ and everything is working great.
I like using the WiFi and having a live hd camera view on my phone.
My question is, can I use the aux a/v jack to send live hd video to my phone through the usb jack, instead of using wifi?

Thanks.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

The A129 Plus can send live views to the phone in this way as long as the cable is suitable.

balloon

Great! I'd like to get one. Any chance that you could link to a cable? I have an android phone with a usb-c jack.

Would the display from the camera to my phone be full resolution with the jack, the same as the wifi?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Would the display from the camera to my phone be full resolution with the jack, the same as the wifi?
Sorry, we don't have the exact recommendation for you. But you can have a look at this one as a reference: https://amzn.to/3x2JZ0w

This cable is only compatible with Nintendo Wii / Wii U gaming system. You can search for a similar one that is compatible with your phone.

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
That depends on the cable's quality.
Hello,

Sorry for giving you the wrong information.

The resolution of the videos from AV out doesn't depend on the cable's quality.

AV out only supports the resolution of 640x 480P.

balloon

Hello,

Sorry for giving you the wrong information.

The resolution of the videos from AV out doesn't depend on the cable's quality.

AV out only supports the resolution of 640x 480P.
That's good to know. I couldn't find any info about this, but I had a feeling that this would be the case.
Maybe in future camera's you could have a full res video output with mini hdmi or usb-c.
Thanks for your reply.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to know. I couldn't find any info about this, but I had a feeling that this would be the case.
Maybe in future camera's you could have a full res video output with mini hdmi or usb-c.
Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for your understanding! We'll try to improve in the future!

Dash86

You can output live video to an android device. But its more than just a cable. You need something known as "av grabber".

For example this one:

This device converts analog AV signal to digital "USB" signal. Then, on your phone, you just open the AV Grabber app and view the live feed (in PAL/NTSC resolution and framerate).

balloon

You can output live video to an android device. But its more than just a cable. You need something known as "av grabber".

For example this one:

This device converts analog AV signal to digital "USB" signal. Then, on your phone, you just open the AV Grabber app and view the live feed (in PAL/NTSC resolution and framerate).
Thanks, but I was hoping for a full rez output.