video quality

dala

Hello everyone,
I have this video quality :
4K, bitrate max, 60Hz ,CPL
is it normal for 4K quality or bad camera ?
I found this record:
there is a big difference between the records - reading vehicle registration number
where is the problem ?
what quality do you have?
Thanks
Dala

dala

yes, CPL is mounted on the camera
is not possible to read vehicle registration number moving vehicles :(

Tam1978

My rear camera looked terrible too. I went to clean it and found I had left the protective fim on the CPL...on both sides.

Removed them and looks amazing now. Did you check lense and CPL? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Capture Your Action

I would aim the lens down a click or two. This should help the exposure a little bit.

Make sure windshield is clean, inside and out, as well as the camera lens.

neutrinoP

My two cents:
I see the reflection in the image, it appears that the CPL filter is not turned at the correct angle to take out the windshield reflection.
Also it appears to be a bitrate issue. Do you use at least the [high] value? Was the WiFi on during the recording of this clip? And please tell us what type and model of card do you use. All these factors have a great influence.
Here is an example (5 minutes loop, sorry for the trash bins), at relatively low light, and without CPL (I don't have the filter yet)
Bitrate set to high, and I prefer the 1080p60fps setting.

Last edited:

dala

problem solved :

1/ CPL filter set incorrectly, rotation helped me

bad instructions when I first set the CPL:

correct instructions for setting the CPL:

Bitrate: high
wifi: off
SD card: Kingston microSDXC 256GB SDCG3 / 256GB

2/ the recording is bad in poor lighting
the sun must shine and then the record is ok, if the sun is behind the clouds the record is worse

hochiinn

i was told that the filter does not need adjustment, it is correct from the factory. is it?

dala

the filter was set at the factory according to video no.1
I had to adjust according to the instructions of video no.2

Capture Your Action

CPL is set at factory and should not need to be adjusted. Possible yours slipped through the cracks.

dashcalamity

My rear camera looked terrible too. I went to clean it and found I had left the protective fim on the CPL...on both sides.

Removed them and looks amazing now. Did you check lense and CPL? Doesn't hurt to ask.

I fell for this too, I didn't release the CPL filter has two protective films (one on either side of lens) and obviously the camera lens. I had similar looking video until, which improved immensely once corrected.

dashcalamity

If you have a dark towel or blanket, try draping that over your dash to see if it is light reflected off the dash. Wonder if the angle the lens is oriented is contributing to the glare? Does it clear up if you aim the lens up a couple of clicks?

If you dismount the camera and directly record the surroundings hand held (not through the windshield) how is quality?