VIOFO 129 DUO GPS MOUNT

Cydeen

Hi,

I am using HK3 hardwire. I'm also installed GPS mount for my Viofo 129 Duo.

Based on VIOFO website saying that "Please notice this auto switch between normal recording and parking mode recording only works if the cable is connected to the camera directly, not through the GPS mount"

My question : How to use GPS mount and in the same time I am also can use auto switching between normal recording and parking mode recording?

Thank you.

Cydeen

Thank you for explanation. So, what is the function of usb port at the GPS mount?

Capture Your Action

You can use it to power the camera, but it does not support the 3rd wire (yellow wire) on the 3-wire hardwire kit. This is the trigger wire to tell the camera when the car is on or off.

Randy_Buss

I'm a bit confused regarding the requirement to have the 3 wire kit plugged into the camera directly. I have the hard wire kit installed in my vehicle, with the plug plugged into the GPS device, and it appears to be working properly with parking mode. The video size when the car is in operation is much larger in size than when the vehicle is parked. Based off of this, parking mode is working properly even though the hard wire kit is plugged into the GPS.
Can anyone explain this more clearly?
What exactly are the symptoms or what doesn't work if the hard wire kit is plugged into the GPS instead of directly into the dash cam?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit confused regarding the requirement to have the 3 wire kit plugged into the camera directly. I have the hard wire kit installed in my vehicle, with the plug plugged into the GPS device, and it appears to be working properly with parking mode. The video size when the car is in operation is much larger in size than when the vehicle is parked. Based off of this, parking mode is working properly even though the hard wire kit is plugged into the GPS.
Can anyone explain this more clearly?
What exactly are the symptoms or what doesn't work if the hard wire kit is plugged into the GPS instead of directly into the dash cam?
You are right, the latest A129 support HK3 hardwire kit powering from GPS mount.

Cydeen

From my observation, if HK3 hardwire plugged in directly to dash cam, gps still supported where coordinate is printed on a captured video but without gps location map at the bottom. How to set gps overlay on a video?

Capture Your Action

From my observation, if HK3 hardwire plugged in directly to dash cam, gps still supported where coordinate is printed on a captured video but without gps location map at the bottom. How to set gps overlay on a video?
In the camera settings, there is an option for GPS stamp/overlay.

Cydeen

Yes, only GPS coordinate stamped but no location map overlay.

Alistair Parsons

You will need to use something like dashcamviewer, as the gps coordinates are in the video, when you load it up it can show you a map, then you can reedit the video on a computer with map overlayed. This is completeley 3rd party software, the camera will just embed necessary data

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
You can export GPS to .GPX files, then use DashWare to overlay map.