Viofo A119s Not Connecting To Laptop For Firmware Update

brokendashcam

Hoping someone can help. My dash cam currently looks like the picture below. I have two of these exact same dash cams and they both encountered the same issue. I was able to successfully fix one of them via a firmware update by connecting it to my laptop. However, Dash Cam 2 remains stuck in this mode because I am unable to connect it to my laptop. I tried the USB cables from each of my two dash cams on two different laptops. Dash Cam 1 is able to connect to Laptop 1 and Laptop 2 with both USB Cable 1 and USB Cable 2. Dash Cam 2 cannot connect to either laptop using either USB cable.

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or is Dash Cam 2 completely broken since it cannot connect to my laptop for a firmware update?

Capture Your Action

This was a bug fixed long ago. Copy the latest firmware to a memory card via a card reader, then insert the card into the camera and power it on. Be sure to manually default the cameras setting in the menu after the update.
For a temporary fix, remove the card, then power on the camera. Enter the menu (May take a couple of menu button presses), then go to the default settings option and manually default the settings. If it does not fix it the first time, try again. Once the issue clears, you should be able to connect to the computer again. If not, try the above step to update.