Viofo A119v3 FW 1.03 Hangs on switching holding REC button

kabillo

I recently got the new Viofo A119 v3 from Amazon and updated the firmware to 1.03 from the Viofo Support Page.

I am now experiencing an issue where thr camera freezes for a while when holding down REC button to enter settings or switch off the dashcam. I have tried to reset settings to default aswell but am still facing this issue.

Anyone else have the same issue

I will try to record a video of it

Capture Your Action

Just pressing the REC button or pressing and holding it makes it freeze? Is it stuck until you reboot or just sort of paused for a second? A quick press of the REC button is needed to stop the recording. Wait a few seconds, then quick press the REC button again to enter the menu. Don't press and hold.

Did you format the card inside the camera? I've seen the camera slow to react when it doesn't like the card or the card has an issue. Formatting inside the camera could straighten it out.

What brand an model card are you using?

kabillo

Just pressing the REC button or pressing and holding it makes it freeze? Is it stuck until you reboot or just sort of paused for a second? A quick press of the REC button is needed to stop the recording. Wait a few seconds, then quick press the REC button again to enter the menu. Don't press and hold.

Did you format the card inside the camera? I've seen the camera slow to react when it doesn't like the card or the card has an issue. Formatting inside the camera could straighten it out.

What brand an model card are you using?
Think ive worked it out by double pressing REC button and that gave me the concurrent keeps to enter settings.
Maybe that was the magic sequence to get into settings

I use transcend high endurance and have tested it using h2testw (Long Test) and it didnt report any issues.

Capture Your Action

Press once to stop the recording, then press again to enter menu.

If you have the silver card with black lettering, then those are troublesome cards. I would not recommend those in dash cameras.

Capture Your Action

I should clarify my last post. You press the REC once to stop the recording, then press the MENU button to enter the menu and change the settings.

Sometimes you need to wait a few seconds after pressing the REC button, before pressing the MENU button.