Viofo A129 DUO IR Complete PURPLE HUE on rear camera

rajibgain

Hi ,
I just purchased A129 IR DUO IR and the rear camera starts recording on PURPLE HUE as I seen on the pic. If I connect through wifi and stop and resume video it fixes it sometimes but not always and also it takes ages to connect to Wifi sometimes too (even the camera restarts couple of times). I have not hardwired it yet (HK3 kit on its way still) and power it through my 12v socket, also got the latest firmware that the app updated automatically. I have contacted the support though and raised a ticket, but waiting for their response. Should I just return this or what? :( .

Attachments

benkar

Hi ,
I just purchased A129 IR DUO IR and the rear camera starts recording on PURPLE HUE as I seen on the pic. If I connect through wifi and stop and resume video it fixes it sometimes but not always and also it takes ages to connect to Wifi sometimes too (even the camera restarts couple of times). I have not hardwired it yet (HK3 kit on its way still) and power it through my 12v socket, also got the latest firmware that the app updated automatically. I have contacted the support though and raised a ticket, but waiting for their response. Should I just return this or what? :( .
This is normal for an IR camera. IR camera is designed primarily for capturing the interior of the vehicle. Why did you buy an IR camera when shooting the space behind the car?

rajibgain

This is normal for an IR camera. IR camera is designed primarily for capturing the interior of the vehicle. Why did you buy an IR camera when shooting the space behind the car?
Ow didnt know this is normal, since I captured normal vids with just a slight purple hue in the beginning and also the sample vids I saw on youtube. I got the IR one since I wanted to reverse and use it for inside too from the back(multi-function), and mainly because the IR version was on sale :D . I might then actually consider returning it then.

Alistair Parsons