Viofo a129 duo setting "rear camera mirror" stopped working in app and av out

bubbaV

I have firmware 2.2 and have the Viofo app installed on 2 phones and 1 tablet. This setting worked briefly when I first installed. Now it has stopped working in the app, and the av out, and for the recordings. However it does work on the tiny LCD screen ok. I keep reading this was fixed in firmware 1.5 but it's broken on 2.2. Do I need to downgrade? Anyone have any advice? Thanks

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
Do you mean your rear camera window didn't appear on the main camera screen or just the rear camera window's direction can't be adjusted?
I tested the V 2.2 firmware on my Android phone with 3.18 app version, the dashcam display is normal.

bubbaV

Hello,
Do you mean your rear camera window didn't appear on the main camera screen or just the rear camera window's direction can't be adjusted?
I tested the V 2.2 firmware on my Android phone with 3.18 app version, the dashcam display is normal.
All the camera windows and PIP views are fine. However, the rear camera image/video is not always properly mirrored except on the front camera LCD. I don't look at the LCD though, it is too small. I want to look at the rear camera view on a bigger tablet or 10" monitor (connected to the av output). That's where the problem is. If I mount a tablet or small monitor on the dash, the image/video is not mirrored like it should be (like the car's regular rear view mirror). Changing the "rear camera mirror" setting works every time for the LCD but does not always work for the App and/or the av output. I've tried several android, iphone and tablets, Occasionally it does work but more often it does not. Also, I've never seen the rear camera recording mirrored irregardless of the "rear camera mirror" setting.

Edit: I know it's simple to find a program to mirror the recorded videos, but that shouldn't be necessary. It should be recorded the same way it's displayed.

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
All the camera windows and PIP views are fine. However, the rear camera image/video is not always properly mirrored except on the front camera LCD. I don't look at the LCD though, it is too small. I want to look at the rear camera view on a bigger tablet or 10" monitor (connected to the av output). That's where the problem is. If I mount a tablet or small monitor on the dash, the image/video is not mirrored like it should be (like the car's regular rear view mirror). Changing the "rear camera mirror" setting works every time for the LCD but does not always work for the App and/or the av output. I've tried several android, iphone and tablets, Occasionally it does work but more often it does not. Also, I've never seen the rear camera recording mirrored irregardless of the "rear camera mirror" setting.

Edit: I know it's simple to find a program to mirror the recorded videos, but that shouldn't be necessary. It should be recorded the same way it's displayed.
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply! Because we just spent a holiday.

We recommend you downgrade to firmware V1.5 as attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

jh51

Additionally, the video doesn’t come through on the app unless I’m in airplane mode. Will this also be fixed soon?