Viofo A129 Duo Turning Off in parking mod randomly

stadiuz97

Hi all i recently buy viofo a129 duo and install corently on my car with hardwire kit with 3 wires. In driving mod work very good but in parking mod not. When i shut down car camera goes in parking mod i chose auto detect motion parking mod. When i go from car camera recording correctly but in some times it shut down. On hardwire kit i choose cut power on 11.8 v. When i back to my car and see camera is off i take multimetar and messure voltage and it is good 12.2-12.3. What to do??

hydrolic11

11.8v is a pretty low cutoff...

That being said though, I know I have had random shutoff while in parking mode. I noticed that for me, if I don't have automatic headlights on, parking mode stays on fine. Do you have automatic headlights?

stadiuz97

No i dont't have automatic headlights. I just dont't know if problem is with camera or maybe with hardwire kit.

stadiuz97

I try couple of them and always is the same. My bigest question is why is so random somethimes working half of hour and somethimes 5 hours wery strange problem. Today i update cam install new firmware form sd card change sd card and tons of difrent thim but always is the same :(

Capture Your Action

Where are you measuring the voltage after the camera turns off? On the battery terminals or at the tapped fuse?

stadiuz97

I messure at taped fuse on hardwire kit red wire i connected with constant power. An exemple 8 hours after recording camera goes off and when i messure it is 12.4.. Wery strange.. Sory for my bad english

stadiuz97

Camera or Hardwire kit something is bad. In last test tonight i leave multimetar in the car and record with viofo cam i set low bitrate parking mode to record constantly. Results is next camera worked couple hours than turn off. Last 3 clip that camera recorded is 3 min than 3 min a last one is 40 seconds... in all clips voltage on the fuse tap hardware kit is 12.6-12.7....

Capture Your Action

Just to confirm, your measuring this voltage right in the red wire that goes to the hardwire kit?

There is a red LED inside the converter box that is on when the kit is receiving power AND the low voltage point have not been reached. When the camera shuts off, does the red LED also go off?

Your parking mode files have a P at the end of the file names correct?

stadiuz97

No i messure power right on the fuse from red wire that have constant power.

Red led in the convertor box also stop working with the camera. And that is strange for me cuttoff is 12 v and power on fuse is 12.6 and camera goes off.

This is my parking mod files name i dont see P 2020_0209_100823_083R.MP4

Capture Your Action

Hmmm, if your parking mode files don't have a P at the end, then it sounds like your not in parking mode.

With parking mode enabled, you should have an icon of a car in the top left corner of the LCD screen. Once camera enters parking mode, that car icon will change to the icon of the chosen parking mode. For Auto Event Detection, that's an icon of a stick man. For Low Bitrate, I believe it an icon of a video camera. Check to see you see these different images on the screen. You should also hear a double beep once the camera transitions to parking mode from regular mode. This should occur within 5-10 seconds after car is shut off. If you don't hear the beeps and the icon does not change, then it sounds like the yellow wire is not connected to an accessory fuse.

stadiuz97

Everything is connected properly. When im driving in the top left corner is car icon when i shut down the car after 5 second that icon change to stick man and continious recording couple hours or couple minjts until shutdown by itself.

Capture Your Action

What firmware are you on?

Auto Event Detection should not be continuous recording. It should only record when motion or g-sensor is sensed. When it's not recording, the REC button should flash.

stadiuz97

Im on 1.9 firmware ... Sory i forget to write auto event detection working good the red led is flashing when movement is spoted red light goes solid and record i think 50 seconds im not sure. But i tried and other parking mod option and always is same. Always shut down..

Capture Your Action

When using Low Bitrate parking mode, are you getting the P at the end of the parking mode files?
If not, you should be.

Capture Your Action

If your voltage readings on the red wire after the camera shuts down are correct, at this point I can only assume your hardwire kit is defective.

How old is the car battery?

Capture Your Action

I would have the battery tested, which most auto parts stores do for free. However, it does seem like your kit is defective.

One other thing to check, though unlikely to be the issue, is make sure the ground wire is connected to an unpainted metal point that is connected to the metal framing under the dash.