VIOFO A139 does not power on from the car 1.5A USB socket

ouadeelefant

My VIOFO A139 does not power on from the 1.5A USB car socket.

I can't use the HK3-C kit because all the fusese from the car are hot (I have a Mazda CX-30) and I also don't want to go through the firewall.

I didn't want to use the 12v socket because is in the arm rest, but for the moment this is what I'm using.

Also I couldn't power on the A139 from the laptop USB 3.0 for the initial configuration.
I used an old iPhone power brick (Output: 5v, 1A) and it worked just fine. Back to the laptop after the configuration the only thing I can use the USB is for accessing the videos from the SD Card.

My question is why A139 doesn't want to turn on from the car USB as it can supply the 5v / ~1.5A (more than what I used for the initial configuration).

ouadeelefant

Hi @viofo
I also tested the dash cam with an usb power adapter with an output of 5v / 2Afrom the 12v socket and it worked without any issue.

Back to my initial dilemma, I think the dash cam should power on from the USB socket as it can supply 5v / 1.5A. I just wanted to use the USB socket because is under the dash and out of the way.

Also from the laptop I can only access the content of the SD card when I connect the dash cam

Thanks you for your response

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
It seems the USB socket output is not enough.
We suggest you use the original car charger.

The A139 has a high requirement for power supply.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @viofo
I also tested the dash cam with an usb power adapter with an output of 5v / 2Afrom the 12v socket and it worked without any issue.

Back to my initial dilemma, I think the dash cam should power on from the USB socket as it can supply 5v / 1.5A. I just wanted to use the USB socket because is under the dash and out of the way.

Also from the laptop I can only access the content of the SD card when I connect the dash cam

Thanks you for your response
Did you choose our original USB cable that came with the unit package?

Capture Your Action

vega509

perhaps you have my luck ....... the USB cable that was included in the box was defective. I borrowed a usb c cable from a friend and the cam connected to the computer, and could run from my phone charger.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
perhaps you have my luck ....... the USB cable that was included in the box was defective. I borrowed a usb c cable from a friend and the cam connected to the computer, and could run from my phone charger.
Hello,

Could you tell me the dashcam model and provide the invoice?

vega509

Amazon.ca
Invoice date / Date de facturation:14 June 2021
Invoice # / N de facture:CA11S22DNEI
thanks

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon.ca
Invoice date / Date de facturation:14 June 2021
Invoice # / N de facture:CA11S22DNEI
thanks
Received! My colleague will contact you to solve this problem from our official website ticket.