Visible Block-Formations in the sky

Nicolai

Hello,

I just bought the GitUp Git2. Overall I'm really surprised about the good quality, but one thing I've noticed is, that there are visible Block-Formations in the footage, especially in the sky. The rest of the footage looks really good. In this video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gA8KScGL5bT0QwRm85YlQtNG8/view?usp=sharing
you can see very good the Block-Formations in the sky. My settings were:1080p@60fps, Gyro was on, Bitrate was on high, Measurement was on average. I used an SD card with an write speed of about 35MB/s.
Do you have any idea, how I can prevent this block formations?

Thanks in advance!

TMVideo

Source file looks good. Could you place screenshot with issue?
Overall, low contrast and low sharpness options are useful for flexible contrast and sharp adjustmens in video editor.

Nicolai

Thank you very much for your answer.
Here is the Screenshot. In the upper right corner, the sky is really blocky.

TMVideo

Thank you very much for your answer.
Here is the Screenshot. In the upper right corner, the sky is really blocky.
Oh, seems like these are blocks caused from h264 compression.
Some video editors have deblocking filter for encoding. As far as I know, Sony Vegas has this option for video rendering.
Also you have to try low contrast option. That's all at this time.
I will report GitUp about this issue. Hope, the new firmware update will fix it well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicolai

OK
I also thought, that it was an compression problem. I also searched for an deblocking software, but couldn't find any free software. Do you know any good free deblocking software?
I really really hope the Gitup will release an 1.7 firmware, which fix this problem.

TMVideo

OK
I also thought, that it was an compression problem. I also searched for an deblocking software, but couldn't find any free software. Do you know any good free deblocking software?
Sorry, I don't know.
Maybe somebody else will advise you free software in this topic.