Which fuse tab should I pick for my A129 plus duo?

Edward

I have recently discovered that Viofo does not sell them along with the hardwire kit, so after searching through Amazon and Ebay. I found out there are several types of taps and they are as follows:

Micro 2
mini
Low Profile
ATO

Do I have to select one of them based on dashcam type or car type? Plus, some say that 5A is more than enough for this application. Are they right? What could wrong if I picked 10 or 15A?

Capture Your Action

You need to pick based on the fuse type of your car.

5A or less fuse is what you want to use on the dash camera side of the fuse tap (top slot on the tap). The tap itself an be plugged into any convenient fuse in the fuse box (5A to 30A), just stay away from fuses that power safety equipment. Always be sure to use a multimeter to ensure your using the correct fuses for battery power and accessory power.

Capture Your Action

You'll need to pull a fuse from the cars fuse box and compare it to pictures of the fuse types you mentioned above to determine which type you need.

Edward

You'll need to pull a fuse from the cars fuse box and compare it to pictures of the fuse types you mentioned above to determine which type you need.

So it depends on the car itself, not a rule of thumb for American cars (micro 2) and etc

Capture Your Action

So it depends on the car itself, not a rule of thumb for American cars (micro 2) and etc
Correct. Fuse types will change even between the same manufacturer. Need to pull a fuse from the fuse box to confirm which type your car uses.