Wifi Ap mode connecting fail (latest firmware)

Edward

00:10 firmware version
01:05 wifi error message

I used the latest firmware version V2.4, but it did not solve the issue. Micro SD card was formatted inside the dash cam.

Is there a solution?

Edward

Hello Edward,

May I know when and where you bought this dashcam?
I bought one case directly from Viofo a little while ago. one customer reported it to me that the Wifi is not functioning, provided him with the firmware link and all the necessary steps to complete firmware, did not work out unfortunately.

He sent it back to me on my expense, tried upgrading it by myself, still the same issue persists.

FTT

I’m having the same exact problem, did you find a solution?

kitcarson

Check cellphone settings
  1. Turn off Mobile data
  2. Put in airplane mode
  3. Auto WiFi off

a_abhijit

I am facing exact same issue.
I purchase it through the official Viofo Sales CHannel in India 15 days back

chipped

I am also having the same issue, I purchased from an eBay shop, firmware was v2.4, updated to v2.5 but the problem persists.

What should I do?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I am also having the same issue, I purchased from an eBay shop, firmware was v2.4, updated to v2.5 but the problem persists.

What should I do?
Hello,

Please contact the seller, and they'll help you with it.

frankr442

Add me to the list. I'll play around with them for another week (I have two that don't work) then they're going back.

ejl463

Add me to the list. I'll play around with them for another week (I have two that don't work) then they're going back.
That is concerning because the solution I was given was to get a replacement from the seller

frankr442

Did you get a replacement and did it work ? Maybe I should stop wasting time getting aggravated and start the exchange process. I'll give these another try since the first one worked great for two weeks (why I ordered another which has never been able to playback files on my phone). Both ordered about the same time, maybe a bad run.
Good luck with yours.
Frank