Yet another feature request - parking modes

GilesP

Could there be a future firmware update that allows quick and easy toggling between different types of parking mode? And additionally a distinction between G-sensor triggering and motion sensing?

For example, parking on a busy road would cause too many motion triggers, were as a shock/G-sensor triggered recording may be preferable, however parking in a car-park or somewhere with less traffic motion sensing would be preferable as a trigger, particularly on private property or facing an area of interest (garage door, for example).

Likewise there may also be circumstances when time-lapse is preferred to event-driven triggering (probably more for artistic reasons, to be honest).

It is my understanding that the current parking mode will trigger on either motion OR shock - is this the case? (the manual is unclear, and my car is a long walk in the rain away).

It is my proposal that a future firmware update included and easy way to toggle between [motion] - [shock] - [time-lapse] - [none] when in parking mode via a key-press - this would allow a user to quickly change the form of parking protection to suit the situation, rather than having to navigate various menus.

c00ller

It is my proposal that a future firmware update included and easy way to toggle between [motion] - [shock] - [time-lapse] - [none] when in parking mode via a key-press - this would allow a user to quickly change the form of parking protection to suit the situation, rather than having to navigate various menus.
Idea: when the engine is shut off, have the screen present a menu to choose which parking mode to use for that parking session. If no button is pressed in x amount of seconds, use the user-defined default setting (off, motion only, g-sensor only, motion+g-sensor, low bitrate, 1/3/5 fps etc).