Recent content by nav2004

1. N

Speed and Coordinates stamp on video

Can any of the text like Speed and/or Coordinates imprinted on the video be removed later. If it was not turned on to imprint, does the file have the metadata to extra out later ? I am just thinking of the scenario where it was imprinting and I need to use it for evidence but my speed happened...
  2. N

Losing time setting since upgrade to v1.8 firmware

Just want to close this thread by reporting my findings, so others searching will find it usefull. The Time Synchronization and TimeZone settings don't go well together or atleast I did not understand. If you have timezone set for your local area, then Time Synchronization means nothing. I had...
  3. N

All good tips. Once a month checking is fine as my wife is primary driver. But I have had to spend way too much time checking it in last 2 months. Have now even enabled all audio notifications. I did check the time and glad to report it was still correct. So it was likely getting it from Gps...
  4. N

My reseller recommended Sandisk Ultra A1 and Samsung PRO Endurance. As Sandisk one was not warrantied for use in Dashcam, I went with Samsung which was double the price for 128gb. After spending time and money on dashcam purchase and install, I wanted an install and forget it is running experience.
  5. N

Yes, I have GPS Mount. I was using Adata Premier card and packaging of that card showed dashcam, so I am assuming it was high endurance.
  6. N

True. But what is the impact of first selecting time zone and also setting current time to true time ? Do I not select any GMT offset and just set true time. I just selected GMT-4 and set correct date and time. Put the cam back in car which is parked overnight. Will see if it retains true time...
  7. N

I have not had the cam for long to narrow it down to firmware 1.8, but I upgraded to that few days back. I noticed this morning that it was losing the time. I have it set to GMT+4 as I am in EST and then manually set the date and time. I saved and get out to the main screen via the cam and I see...
  8. N

A129 Duo Playback stream virtually unusable

I have used that URL from Android phone and could see the file listings very fast, compared to the App, but playing them or downloading them is another story. I did not find out about the open ports and using them in URL, will play around with them.
  9. N

A129 Duo Playback stream virtually unusable

Same experience here. You have to retry entering the recordings Playlist. Once you enter, I usually download it to phone and then play. I had to switch from 5ghz to 2.4 after first getting this a month back as it would no longer connect on 5Ghz. Last night I was able to use the App to update...
  10. N

Recommended SD Card

I have checked, but via the App and there are missing recordings even when 3 LEDs are lit indicating recording is happen. It has frozen up last 2 mornings I checked, including today. App was failing to show the files, I had to use the browser and did not pay attention to what files it recorded...
  11. N

Recommended SD Card

Ok, will go with this one. Says A1 on it https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=11_1216_175_177&item_id=121295 Yes, I formatted the ADATA card in the Dashcam. I had recently purchased the card few weeks before the Dashcam for use in Smartphone, but ended up getting a higher...
  12. N

Recommended SD Card

Which brand and model of SD cards people are using and not facing any camera freezing issues ? My reputed seller customer service thinks it is the Adata card and is recommending these two Sandisk Ultra A1 UHS-1 Class 10 Samsung Pro Endurance UHS-1 Class 10 I currently use ADATA Premier Pro...
  13. N

Review after a month with A129 Duo

I lost confidence in those LEDs when 2 days back it showed all 3 ON, yet when I tried to connect to Wifi and it could not connect. I had to power recycle and then when I saw recordings, it was missing 2-3 days. I have now turned on all sounds, so that I get audible alerts, but now have to...
  14. N

Honestly, Wifi and 2-channel was the biggest feature for me to choose it. If they advertise it, then it cannot work half the time. Reason I leave it ON is for convenience and to conform it is recording. It is a hassle to dismount, extract the SD card, take it to computer. As I could not visually...
  15. N

My setup is using the 3 wire hardwire kit. I did everything according to instructions and have it on my first car and was going to see the experience before decided to buy one more kit to install in my second car. Summary verdict, not happy. All the reviews that I saw before deciding to buy...