Search results

1. J

How Long Can Car Battery Power A129 Pro Duo in Parking Mode?

I've had parking mode run for 4-5 days. The memory card was full and clips overwritten. This was before my drained battery problem surfaced.
  2. J

Will CPL Help With Interior Glare Off Windshield?

Front camera lens is about .5" from windshield at top edge of lens and about 2" at bottom edge. No glare with CPL. Never tried it without the CPL. Rear camera: No CPL and camera is also close to glass, so no reflection.
  3. J

Is there a functional test for a faulty 3-wire hardwire kit?

I've got the A129 Duo powered with the 3-wire hardwire kit. Fuse taps used. Today was the second time I went to start the vehicle and the battery was drained. Both times, the camera was left on with 'Parking mode' selected. When I got in the vehicle, the camera light was on, signifying it...
  4. J

memory card filling up quick -- bad settings?

The A129 is a great camera and the lower resolution is fine for what I need most of the time. If better resolution is needed, it's easy to turn the WiFi off. Integrated GPS mount, WiFi settings and access, easy access buttons, hardwire w/battery protection, etc. The only thing missing is...
  5. J

I've found that if I leave WiFi on, it gives me more time on the memory card ... lowered bitrate = smaller files = more files on card. I try to remember to turn it off when at home and that helps tremendously. Yesterday I noticed some damage to my truck and know exactly when it happened...
  6. J

skips in recording/ missing clips

Ok. I checked 2 other memory cards I grabbed on my way out the door to test. Original problem: Skips in recording. Unit would produce 1-3 minute clips and then miss/ not record for 1 minute or so and then record again. Setup: 3-minute clips, front camera only(rear cam cable installed and...
  7. J

Thanks. I'll check it with a Samsung EVO I have. Team Group has been a memory MFG for over 20yrs. The "Dash Card" is promoted for use in dash cams and has high heat specs ... 85C. I don't know the shock rating, but I've not lost data with a Team card, where I have lost data with other brands...
  8. J

Thanks. I'll check it with a Samsung EVO I have. Team Group has been a memory MFG for over 20yrs. The "Dash Card" is promoted for use in dash cams and has high heat specs ... 85C. I don't know the shock rating, but I've not lost data with a Team card, where I have lost data with other brands...
  9. J

Team brand, new 'Dash' model.
  10. J

Has anyone experienced this problem? Has anyone noticed gaps in recording when it should be non-stop? I recently needed to pull some footage from my unit and it was missing. I was driving at the time, so the unit should have been recording non-stop. There was no recording at the time I...
  11. J

About to give up with WiFi

Thanks for doing this. I had changed the configuration quite a few times to get sample videos, but always forgot which ones so I could look at the properties. Now I don't have to keep kicking myself in the azz for forgetting to do it. You got proof and an example of it degrading.
  12. J

About to give up with WiFi

I've had a few problems connecting, but patience has fixed the issue every time. I use an iPhone sometimes, but mostly use an Android tablet. I'm up to connecting and the app working the first try 90% of the time. WiFi is so much easier to to scan the recordings than pulling the card every...
  13. J

Thanks. I didn't know it was that sensitive. DO you have it set for low frames/sec or something?
  14. J

I really like the A129 Duo. It does everything I was looking for. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is the settings for parking mode. I have parking mode set, but it seems like it records most of the time. The 128gb card is nearly full overnight. My bitrate is set to 'high'. I have...