A119 V3 Does not sense or enter Parking mode after firmware update V1.03

impactx

I managed to have the parking mode to working properly (to enter in parking mode) with firmware v2.1 for Viofo a119v3, no GPS, no HK3 (powered on portable battery)

Will the camera enter and exit from parking mode quicker if I install the GPS mount from VIofo?

PS: I knot use the HK3 because my car's battery delivers 11.4 V when it is parked.

ds2010

I managed to have the parking mode to working properly (to enter in parking mode) with firmware v2.1 for Viofo a119v3, no GPS, no HK3 (powered on portable battery)
1) Can you please look up the exact build number of that firmware? That can be done via the dashcam menu at the very end - "Firmware Version". It is normally reported as
FW: ?.??
Build: ????????

Can you please post both version and build numbers as they are reported by VIOFO menu? Thanks.

2) Does it also EXIT the parking mode correctly? That would be indicated by the change of the icon in left top corner of the cam - the picture of stick man should change into the picture of the car.

Anyway, I can test this myself - just tell us the Version number and the Build number as above, thanks.

gnalol

Will the camera enter and exit from parking mode quicker if I install the GPS mount from VIofo?

PS: I knot use the HK3 because my car's battery delivers 11.4 V when it is parked.
You also use firmware version 2.1? Then the only difference would be the GPS signal.

@ds210
It may help to disable GPS in the menu. I will give it a try.

ds2010

It may help to disable GPS in the menu.
Disable GPS functionality to (possibly) enable the correct parking mode exit? :)
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me... )))

Gents, it is absolutely critical that you quote the build number along with the version number, as we have seen in the past that the same version numbers (for example, v1.03) had different behavior depending on their build numbers (20190911 vs 20190924). Build number is just a date in YYYYMMDD format. As I said above, it can be easily checked via the dashcam menu. Please always quote Version and Build together. Thanks.

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Is there somewhere older firmware archive?

ds2010

Hi all,
The official Firmware v2.1 build 20201113 is now available for download from VIOFO website. Changelog on the dload page also mentions the park mode fix.

Has anyone tried it yet to see if it correctly exits parking mode (similar to how v1.03build 20190911 does)?

The initial user reports mention improved number plate readability on this new firmware, but no words on park mode handling...

ds2010

Sad news.
The official Firmware v2.1 build 20201113 does NOT correctly exit parking mode. It behaves in that respect just like v1.03build 20190924 (see the previous discussion in this thread).
I wrote to Dane Ji from VIOFO support and reported that, but would like to draw VIOFO's attention to this issue here as well.
Guys from VIOFO, it's about time you kill this issue dead - the exit from parking mode, when powered from USB source, without using HK3 kit, worked perfectly fine in v1.03build 20190911. Then it was broken in versions starting from v1.03build 20190924.
Please restore the correct park mode exit functionality of v1.03build 20190911.
That shouldn't be that hard.

Thank you

jon

I just purchased V3 excited i can use parking mode but doesnt work. hardwired as per normal acc (yellow) to radio And red to Interior Light
When i switch off engine Record button flashes as unit shuts down and then it all goes blank.

Firmware V2.1
Build: 20201113
Park mode: Auto Event
Paking mode timer: OFF
Park record Duration: 12
Park g Sensor: High
motion detect: High
time lapse: off
Motion detectio: off
GPS: On
G Sensor: Low

Tried many other fuse slots but does same just shuts off
Hardwire kit is third party:
Just as the title says, after updating firmware to V1.03, the A119 V3 does not enter Parking modes with only DC. Does not enter Parking mode with Hardwire kit unless ignition switch is first turned on and off.
Try reversing the wires. that is yellow acc wire to a constant power fuse. and red wire (batt) to an Accesory fuse. that worked for me

Attachments

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I just purchased V3 excited i can use parking mode but doesnt work. hardwired as per normal acc (yellow) to radio And red to Interior Light
When i switch off engine Record button flashes as unit shuts down and then it all goes blank.

Firmware V2.1
Build: 20201113
Park mode: Auto Event
Paking mode timer: OFF
Park record Duration: 12
Park g Sensor: High
motion detect: High
time lapse: off
Motion detectio: off
GPS: On
G Sensor: Low

Tried many other fuse slots but does same just shuts off
Hardwire kit is third party:

Try reversing the wires. that is yellow acc wire to a constant power fuse. and red wire (batt) to an Accesory fuse. that worked for me
Better to use our original version, that version is our distributor customized version.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Sad news.
The official Firmware v2.1 build 20201113 does NOT correctly exit parking mode. It behaves in that respect just like v1.03build 20190924 (see the previous discussion in this thread).
I wrote to Dane Ji from VIOFO support and reported that, but would like to draw VIOFO's attention to this issue here as well.
Guys from VIOFO, it's about time you kill this issue dead - the exit from parking mode, when powered from USB source, without using HK3 kit, worked perfectly fine in v1.03build 20190911. Then it was broken in versions starting from v1.03build 20190924.
Please restore the correct park mode exit functionality of v1.03build 20190911.
That shouldn't be that hard.

Thank you
Please check the attached firmware.

Attachments